Queer Politics

7 replies to this topic

Fat Ephiny

• Members
  • 25 posts
Hello? What is meant by Queer Politics? I'm sort of assuming that it is regular politics with queer text - like the kind of issue that politicians talk about to get (if positive) the queer vote. I guess it could also be something that isn't on the table yet, like affirmative queer action or whatever.

I guess I'm curious to find out how this differs or whats-so-special. For instance - do hate crimes really need to be a separate category of crime? Can't politics be inclusive already? Maybe labelling an issue as a "queer" issue detracts from the more "human" issues that these things are about.

cat eye

• Members
  • 1 posts
my assumption was quite different - i immediately thought "the politics of being queer" - like how the issues that queer folks live with on a day-to-day basis, on an individual basis play out in a group context.

And i think there is a very definite value in discussing those things - in maintaining a queer identity.
Friday night I'm goin nowhere
all the lights turning green to red...

Modron

• Members
  • 5 posts
We could talk about the queer politics of George W. Bush, and the way the Austin 12 Gays let themselves be taken advantage of by him. Well, maybe that's a bit strong. Unless the man is a bigger imbecile than I think, diversity in America - much less the rights of Gays and Lesbians- is going to be put on hold for a very, very long time if he's re-elected.

tinker

• Members
  • 24 posts
Hi ladies!! What a great topic this is! Looking forward to talking to all of you!

Anybody seen the DearMary.com thing with Cheney's daughter? Thoughts on that?
Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

- Truman Capote

Nailbunny

• Members
  • 29 posts

I think, diversity in America - much less the rights of Gays and Lesbians- is going to be put on hold for a very, very long time if he's re-elected.

I agree. But hopefully some anti-gov militia men living in some backwoods shack, armed with fully automatic AR15's will make sure that never happens...... :twisted:

Modron

• Members
  • 5 posts

I agree. But hopefully some anti-gov militia men living in some backwoods shack, armed with fully automatic AR15's will make sure that never happens......

i was thinking perhaps we could just vote him out of office. something relatively tame like that :wink:

Guest_EmberPhase_*

• Guests
I was thinking that the topic line meant all current portion of politics that deal directly in the gay community right now, such as gay weddings. That is just my take.

As for the Bush thing, guns or votes just get him out. I am not normally a political person but when a person starts talking about making laws and such to keep two people who love one another apart I tend to get a little angry.

Oh yes, Great Leader, for the sake of keeping the "cows" (the unthinking masses of the US) happy and 'feeling safe', please forbid gay unions. After all, it is the gays who are taking this world to hell in a hand basket with all their raping, war starting, killing, intolerance, and "turning" children who would have grown up to be procreative people. The devils!

Can my sarcasm drip any more heavily here?

Anyway, his actions aren't what I call leadership for all.

:roll:

Nailbunny

• Members
  • 29 posts

As for the Bush thing, guns or votes just get him out.

Definetly. I'd take him out myself if i had the resources. He's a traitor to this country, and should be impeached and tried for treason (still punishable by death). The war had nothing to do with "national security". It was about oil and money, a corporate war, period. [/url]
The dumber people think you are, the more suprised they'll be when you kill them....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users