a few suggestions

13 replies to this topic

Nailbunny

• Members
  • 29 posts
I think it would be great to see a lesbotronic logo up..... and since this is a place for fruits like myself, i think a rainbow somewhere would be nice also....oh and icons..... and slightly more contrasting forum colors, its kinda hard to see the text boxes becuase the blues are so light... and more custom smilies... ok i think thats it. :D Since I'm not sure if the lovely admins are new to building up a site forum or not, I'll post some links that I've found to be useful....

This is a fantastic place to find good Smilies:

http://www.mysmilies.com

Some FREE logo resources are:

http://www.flamingtext.com (You can make your own here)

http://thefreelogomakers.com (You pick out the logo template you want and they send it modified with the text you speciy, to you via email, takes a while but some of the logos they have are pretty spiffy...)

If you go to the "Image"-ination board inside the forum, diffrent posters will make your requested logo for you, you just have to be as specific as possible with what you want... You do have to register though, just like any forum...

www.solidsnakedesigns.com

Hmm...I'm sure theres more but I can't think of them at the moment, I hope these help some....

Filly

• Members
  • 8 posts
I was just thinking along the lines of making the name in the top-right hot. If there is some other clickable link to the main lesbotronic site I am missing it. By the way, I really like the new look! Who is the type geek? I l-o-v-e letterforms. I'm a graphic designer and, as you can see, a type geek. :)

Loving the new forum!
Filly
Life is only what you make of it.
- Gabrielle

Eden

• Members
  • 4 posts
Perhaps a larger size allowance for avatars would be good for idiots like me who can't seem to figure out how to downsize a picture to 6 k lol :?

Filly

• Members
  • 8 posts
Hey Eden, if you save your picture without an embedded profile it gets a LOT smaller. If you are using Photoshop of any sort you should be able to 'save for web' and there is a box that says 'include ICC profile' - just uncheck it and save as a jpeg. I can do it for you if you don't have a way to edit it.

Filly
- Gabrielle

OneStephanie

• Members
  • 6 posts
I agree with all of you. I think there needs to be a link back to the main website. Plus, a little color on the boards here would be nice. :)
"Minds are like parachutes - they only work when open."

tinker

• Members
  • 24 posts
anybody know how to add images to the text of our posts? I know its possible, but i'm seriously computer dumb and havent a clue!
Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

- Truman Capote

lesbotronic

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 193 posts
1) OK, you asked for it, you got it, there is now a new forum, "Member Introductions." Have at it! :lol: :mrgreen:

2) We'll look into the logo thing, but since we're still hard at work on some other areas of the site it probably can't be an immediate priority.

3) Re: uploading avatars, we're sorry the onus has to be on you to make your graphic a resolution such that it will fit. But if we didn't have a size limit for avatars, pages containing large pictures (not width and height, but the size of the file) would take a LOOONG time to load and it would basically drag down the whole forum, especially for folks without superfast connections. So we're sorry that's inconvenient, but changing that would cause other problems.

4) Re: color on the boards, we actually went to some trouble to pick this layout! I (for one) found the paleness easy on the eyes. We looked at a lot of other color schemes and while the brighter ones seemed more appealing at initial glance, all that vibrating color gave some of us a headache when we stayed in the forum for more than a few minutes at a time. I guess different people have different preferences. Anyone else have thoughts?

5) Do you really think we need MORE smileys? 20 are on immediate display, then you can also click "view more emoticons" and get 22 more for a grand total of 42. Your emotions must be very complex indeed. :wink:

6) As for a "miscellaneous" section for stuff that doesn't fall into another category . . . I think that could become problematic as it could encompass too many items and become unwieldy. BUT, if it something other than a "member introduction" and other than the topics already posted then please suggest it as a NEW topic, alrighty?

Filly

• Members
  • 8 posts
I like the color scheme here. I also post on the Whoosh boards occasionally, and they have lots of colors everywhere. I like a festive atmosphere, but it is kind of distracting sometimes. Also we have those who like to put LOTS of emoticons in their messages, and it makes the page load slowly, even for someone on a high-speed connection (me).

If you girls are having trouble with making your avatar adhere to the rules, I can help with that. Show me the link or send me a picture and I can make it work. My email is skewbaldfilly (at) mac.com. You might want to put avatar in the subject if you do email, just so I see it.

By the way, WebMistress, do you have a banner or anything that we can post on our sites to advertise this forum and/or the match service? I'd like to see this thing be the official place to go for us girlies.
- Gabrielle

Nailbunny

• Members
  • 29 posts

Your emotions must be very complex indeed. :wink:

Heh, thats definetly an understatement... :P

tinker

• Members
  • 24 posts
How about an Arts and Entertainment section? I own a bookstore and would love to discuss the books and movies everybody's enjoying! :lol:

and maybe a Lesbotronic Cafe section for Humor, and things that dont quite "fit" anywhere else, like discussions of pets, problems, etc??
Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

- Truman Capote

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users