Help, um covered suggestion.

11 replies to this topic

Guest_EmberPhase_*

• Guests
Can someone help me with this forum thing? It keeps wanting me to sign in with almost every page that I visit. It doesn't like me :oops:

Guest_EmberPhase_*

• Guests
Ok ok, here is the suggestion that I was trying to post before the forum started playing tricks on me.

I see alot of cool topics of discussion, which I will take part in at some point in time, but I don't see a lot of fun topics. I spend 8+ hours in an office and then 2 hrs at school in the evening, the last thing I want is more seriousness. Any chance that a loose, fun, slightly forbidden area may pop up?

Not knocking what you've got so far, I love it. Like I said, I will use the other forum topics when I get my day off, but until then I would like to goof off too. Just a simple question, suggestion, from a girl looking to let her hair down with the girls. Know what I mean?

lesbotronic

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 193 posts

Any chance that a loose, fun, slightly forbidden area may pop up?

I'd say the chances are excellent. The preexistent topics are just what we thought up so far. We heartily encourage you to suggest new ones, we'd be more than happy to add them if we think they're appropriate. Suggest away, please! :D

Guest_EmberPhase_*

• Guests
Cool. Now I'll suggest things until you tell me to shut up lol. If any of you haven't noticed, I don't have much of a life outside of work and school, so I tend to chat online alot.

A cool suggestion, to me, would be a topic like "What's a girl to do?". I don't know about anyone else but I find it extremely hard to meet like minded girls like me. I often wonder (as strange as it may sound) but where do we all gather? How do I pick a girl out of the crowd and know that she will not freak if I talk to her?

I would like an area that talks about our favorite "haunts" so to speak. Suggestions on where to meet like minded people, a list of cool places to hang, or to just get to hear about places I have never seen or experienced before.

Hey, how about topics of like how to meet a girl or anything fun along those lines. Anything that gets people thinking personally and in that more intimate type of way.

Any type of topic really that gets more into our personal sides and experiences, I think, will get people talking and in a hurry. It is great to have an opinion (such as with the current topics) but is also great just to have a voice in more personal and/or loose topics.

I hope I am expressing myself in the correct way here. Sometimes I don't even make sense to myself....I am the embodiment of confusion.

lesbotronic

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 193 posts
Alrighty then, I just added 2 new forums that I'm guessing are along the lines of what you're suggesting. They're toward the top of the main index. Hope you like 'em, and feel free to suggest more topics if you think of any more!

Nailbunny

• Members
  • 29 posts

How do I pick a girl out of the crowd and know that she will not freak if I talk to her?

One word..... Gaydar.
The dumber people think you are, the more suprised they'll be when you kill them....

Nailbunny

• Members
  • 29 posts

I agree with EP. It would be great to have a section where "anything goes". I'm a very un-PC type of person, and I'm sure I'm not the only one here who likes to speak there minds freely wether other people agree or not. Having a place where you could get something off your chest or talk about something "taboo" and not have a fear of getting banned from the forum would definetly be a plus. I understand that this is a new forum and the admins want to keep it as open as possible to everyone in all walks of life, but I think debate is healthy and hopefully if this new board is created the ones who find anything in it offensive will post replies and state their views instead instead of turning thier heads and refusing to open thier minds to unkosher ideas or views.
The dumber people think you are, the more suprised they'll be when you kill them....

lesbotronic

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 193 posts

I agree with EP. It would be great to have a section where "anything goes". I'm a very un-PC type of person, and I'm sure I'm not the only one here who likes to speak there minds freely wether other people agree or not. Having a place where you could get something off your chest or talk about something "taboo" and not have a fear of getting banned from the forum would definetly be a plus. I understand that this is a new forum and the admins want to keep it as open as possible to everyone in all walks of life, but I think debate is healthy and hopefully if this new board is created the ones who find anything in it offensive will post replies and state their views instead instead of turning thier heads and refusing to open thier minds to unkosher ideas or views.

Hi there, thanks for the suggestion. Maybe we need you to elaborate a bit more, maybe we're not fully understanding your meaning, but thus far, as far as we're concerned, the only thing that would be "taboo" in ANY of the forums would be threatening another member or oppressing someone else with severe homophobia.. By oppressing someone else with homophobia I do NOT mean discussing its impact on you or "internalized homophobia," but something more along the lines of an extremely hostile attack on another member (not just an opinion they had) or the right of lesbotronic to exist at all. We do want to keep it as open to people in all walks of life as you say, and debate is a healthy thing.

Or again, maybe we're not "getting" what you're suggesting. Please feel free to let us know!

Nailbunny

• Members
  • 29 posts
hmmm....ok I think what I'm trying to say is that if there was a place in the forum that was desiganated "anything goes" members that have something they want to talk about or vent about in a not so PC manner, would put it there instead of just not saying it out of fear of being banned.

Ive visited other forums of diffrent styles and some of the time the admins there are very strict about what types of things people say and dont hesitate at all to delete people for "infractions". This is very frustrating when you have a heated view about something and post a topic or a reply and all of a sudden your IP's been banned. Dont get me wrong, sometimes people do push it by posting absolute drivel, but then usually other members will call them on it which makes for some pretty interesting reading from what Ive seen. But getting banned for saying "fuck" in a post thats not directed at any one in particular, is ridiculous.

I'm not saying the board should be based on one particular subject, just one board somewhere that we can speak whatever is on our minds however we want without getting banned for it. I hope that explanation suffices and sorry if it doesnt, I'm a little inibriated at the moment, it is Saturday after all :D

lesbotronic

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 193 posts
Should we be taking that personally? :lol:

I think I understand what you're saying, Nailbunny. And we did discuss your suggestion. However, while we agree with you that having a "No Holds Barred" or "Anything Goes" area might suggest to folks that they can go in there and "vent," it would also most likely have the inverse and unwanted effect of making it look as though that were the ONLY forum in which we felt that would be appropriate. And that's totally not what we're trying to do here. We're not out to censor people other than those that violate the other two conditions in this thread, and we don't want anyone even casually perusing the forum to think that we are.

I think something similar to what you're asking but something also more along the lines of keeping with our vision would be to suggest topics about which you think you and/or other folks would like to vent in a "no holds barred" fashion. Something a bit more specific, that is. Topics that by their nature fundamentally do NOT scream "let's all be politically correct" here. (Well, we really don't intend any of the topics to do that, but understand how some could be perceived that way more than others.) For instance, we recently added the "Desire" forum based on another user suggestion, including such (suggested) topics as fantasies and fetishes. If anyone voluntarily clicks there then gets upset at reading something they feel was too frank or not-PC . . . well . . . they're just not getting into the spirit of THAT topic, now are they? Perhaps you have something else in mind along those lines? Let us know!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users