Flirting?

67 replies to this topic

Guest_EmberPhase_*

• Guests
Ok, really dumb question. You have to know background on me for this one, I never know when anyone is hitting on me...male or female. :oops:

How have you ladies flirted or struck up a convo with another girlie? Maybe if I learn examples I will be able to recognize it better when it happens. :shock:

garbage7

• Members
  • 15 posts
i am new at this whole thing, i'm not out so i definitely don't flirt. I do catch myself staring at beautiful people though. I kind of space out and get really shy when in the presence of someone I like.

Modron

• Members
  • 5 posts
I live in a conservative (understatement) area that has a distinct, active, but clandestine lesbian community. Like when an all-female group gets together to build a habitat house, it's a good guess a lot of them are lesbians. If you're new, meeting women is kind of difficult because the women are quite protective of their relationships and community. I know various groups are sometimes called cliques, but I think there's more to it than that. I think a lot of it is having few women to meet, wanting to make friends, and wanting to really hold onto someone once you've found her. i've been on the fringes of the community for about a year, because breaking into the group is really tough. it's stressful on a lot of levels: are we in/out, friends/romatic, part of this group/that group,....

pixel

• Members
  • 46 posts
Honestly, like you I would have no earthly idea if someone were hitting on me or not.

Being somewhat fresh out of self denial, I am not sure I even know how to flirt or how to properly respond if flirted with lol.

The Internet has been my first and only venture into possibly meeting anyone. Personally, I don't know if I am looking for a friendship a relationship or both.

How do you safe and discreeetly meet someone new in real life without being subjected to the bar scene?

Nailbunny

• Members
  • 29 posts

How do you safe and discreeetly meet someone new in real life without being subjected to the bar scene?

Frequent places other than bars. Bars and clubs to me, or not the ideal places to seriously meet new people, other than for one night stands. Most of the time the music is too loud and theres too many people to really hold a meaningful conversation. I suggest making it a habit to stop by a gay/lesbian bookstore (if theres one near you), go to coffee shops, pick up your local lesbian classifieds and go to any events that you think you might have an interest in. Lesbians are everywhere, you just have to keep your eyes open and your gaydar on. Sometimes a trip to the grocery store can lead to meeting your future wife.
The dumber people think you are, the more suprised they'll be when you kill them....

kissthemuse

• Members
  • 2 posts
:roll: I just thought I'd add in to this topic as I have just begun to make a sincere effort to meet and develop a circle of lesbian women friends. I live in an area that is over all very closeted and hard to break into. Definitely the bar scene is not the best. Womyns dances run a close second to the bar scene - the music is loud and lately because of the gay marriage ruling most everyone is part of a couple, so you never know when you might be hittin' on someone's gf. For me it's been a slow process of just putting myself "out there"
Carpe Diem!

Guest_EmberPhase_*

• Guests

:roll: I just thought I'd add in to this topic as I have just begun to make a sincere effort to meet and develop a circle of lesbian women friends. I live in an area that is over all very closeted and hard to break into. Definitely the bar scene is not the best. Womyns dances run a close second to the bar scene - the music is loud and lately because of the gay marriage ruling most everyone is part of a couple, so you never know when you might be hittin' on someone's gf. For me it's been a slow process of just putting myself "out there"

:oops: My problem is...how do you put yourself "out there" when you are shy? :oops:

CymbalGirl

• Members
  • 41 posts
I guess the "I'm A Dyke" sign is still out of the questio, right? :lol:
Drummers do it better...in Rhythm

Guest_EmberPhase_*

• Guests

I guess the "I'm A Dyke" sign is still out of the questio, right? :lol:

Most definitely. I wouldn't care to belittle myself in such a way.

Just as I wouldn't want to see my African American sister (if you want to get technical, for those with smoke rising from their ears trying to figure it out...sister-in-law) in an "I'm a N*****" sign. :x I would be appalled and devastated, she is too beautiful and classy a woman to adorn such a disgraceful thing. In a complete fantasy world of her actually comitting such an act, I think I would have to confront her about the negative affect she was having upon herself and her race.

Again, just a point of pride within yourself.

dandy_lionness

• Members
  • 37 posts

I guess the "I'm A Dyke" sign is still out of the questio, right?

Most definitely. I wouldn't care to belittle myself in such a way.

Hmm... I quite like my button that says "Pink sheep of the family". It has the cutest little pink ewe on it.

That's Dandy :roll:
What do you mean there's nothing in my Cracker Jack box?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users