Since noone else....

26 replies to this topic

Nailbunny

• Members
  • 29 posts
...... seems to want to touch this particular board, I will. A few months ago, i met someone online. We hit it off great and started to correnspond through emails and then on the phone. She asked me if I wanted to meet and though I was hesitant at first having never met anyone online in real life before, but I said yes cos lifes too short.

Well anyway we met the next day and I'll be damned if I didn't see a lost angel from heavan looking back at me. She had sent me pics through email but they didnt do her justice. We went to a few places and talked. After a while she said she wanted to tell me something and I said go for it. She told me she was a pre-op (meaning no surgeries done yet for those who dont know) Male to Female or MTF.

At first I didnt say anything and digested this new piece of info quietly. My first knee jerk reaction in my head was to think "godammit theres always a catch isnt there" but then I had to think about this harder. I realized theres really no reason to think this way. From talking to her I already knew she was a great person. So I told her that it was ok, and i didnt really have a problem with it. She looked surprised that I wanted to continue talking to her.

Well after this we talked more and more and now we see each other every weekend. She's the one who told me about Lesbotronic. She also told me that she used to have a profile here but deleted it. I guess there was a woman here (not the admins) who emailed her and told her basically she shouldnt be putting a profile up here and suggested that she delete it and go somewhere else that caters to "you kind of people".

I'm really glad that I didnt take the attitude that apparently many MANY other women have taken with my friend. If I had, I would have missed out on meeting a very exceptianal type of person. (and no thats not in reference to whats under her skirt). She has a fantastic type of personality thats pretty rare these days, killer sense of humor, she's smart as a whip, and absolutely beautiful to boot. (If she hadn't been honest and told me she was a mtf I NEVER would have guessed).

And just for the record, I am 10000% lesbian. Being attracted to my friend doesnt mean that I'm bisexual, because she really isn't a guy. Her being born male was just a techniacality. (God seems to laugh at us all in some way or another). So I guess the lesson here is, you really can't judge a book by its cover.
The dumber people think you are, the more suprised they'll be when you kill them....

Psyche

• Members
  • 1 posts

And just for the record, I am 10000% lesbian. Being attracted to my friend doesnt mean that I'm bisexual, because she really isn't a guy. Her being born male was just a techniacality. (God seems to laugh at us all in some way or another). So I guess the lesson here is, you really can't judge a book by its cover.

Thank you for saying something like that. It's rare too see someone stand up for one of us. It's a very kind thing and something, I wish more people would say and think.

Nailbunny

• Members
  • 29 posts
No need to thank me for that. I was stating the truth. It sickens me when i hear lesbians and gays bitching and moaning about being discriminated against and being oh so opressed and then turn right around and do the same thing to other people. That kind of shit makes me want to go and visit my local gun shop....
The dumber people think you are, the more suprised they'll be when you kill them....

eyecandi4girls

• Members
  • 2 posts
:D Nailbunny, I couldn't agree more! Too many lesbians see transgirls as guys in dresses. It is wonderful to hear that not all do. Thank you!

True beauty is found within. However, the wrapper can be nicely designed.

Teoria

• Members
  • 19 posts
I just wanted to show my support for all the MTFs out there. Nailbunny you really are a doll and I agree with you...would you like to meet at a gun shop sometime? (P.S. I too am 100% lesbian, but it doesn't mean it have to condon discrimination. We as a community get enough shit from the rest of the world, we don't need to bring each other down).
"She walks in beauty like the night of cloudless climes and starry skies and all that's best of dark and bright meet in her aspect and her eyes" -Lord Byron

lesbotronic

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 191 posts
Hi there, this is the "admin"/Webmistresses. Just noticing (because there were some new posts on this thread, VERY sorry we didn't notice earlier, we have full time jobs too, we do miss stuff occasionally) but we saw this from Nailbunny (re: a trans person):

"Well after this we talked more and more and now we see each other every weekend. She's the one who told me about Lesbotronic. She also told me that she used to have a profile here but deleted it. I guess there was a woman here (not the admins) who emailed her and told her basically she shouldnt be putting a profile up here and suggested that she delete it and go somewhere else that caters to "you kind of people". "

Not to interrupt the discussion too much (we hope) but wanted to say that we DO support the trans community, and we do welcome them as subscribers. Individual subscribers now have the ability via the personals area to specify who they'd like/like not to hear from in that regard, but lesbotronic as a whole DOES welcome them. While we obviously cannot and would not even want to try to police the email sent betwixt subscribers amongst themselves, the idea that one of our subscribers would actually take it upon themselves independently to tell another based on trans status that they should leave lesbotronic because "they weren't our kind of people" makes us very angry. It's presumptuous, it's wrong, and that's not our mission, not our feeling on the subject. Again, while we do allow and support the ability of individual subscribers to specify who they'd like to hear from on trans variables, our goal is to be welcoming to all within this context and to allow everyone to "self-sort" according to what THEY want . . . as individuals . . . NOT just what one apparently overly busybody subscriber wanted.

We'd also add that our FAQ and other statements on the website make this clear as well. Anyone with any question as to who is/is not welcome shouldn't take the word of another subscriber, they should read what's on the site already, or ask us.

Thanks! :-*

ashleigh

• Posting Members (3 or more)
  • 187 posts
this is a belated post to the topic, but i just want to say thanks. this really hit home. i can still remember the transphobic attitudes that i would encounter when going to the lesbian and gay community center in nyc and that was one of the safest spaces for tg folk that we had. it seemed that the community did not mind including us for census purposes, but after counting us, they wanted us to disappear back into the woodwork. made me feel like the trans population was an embarrassment to them.

pleatherdyke

• Members
  • 7 posts
another belated post, but yes! the respect and acceptance of other queer womyn is so important to me as a non-op mtf trannie (one who does not put dangerous, potentially cancer-causing hormones into her body or subject herself to a type of surgery she may see as mutilation). i've had the fortune of being involved in queer communities where operations did not define my gender identity, but i'm always afraid other queer womyn will reject me for not being a "full" or "real" womon, and it's a good reminder to see that there are womyn who don't do that.

ancil

BauboBBW

• Members
  • 39 posts
i've never really spoken up 'til now...for fear of inserting one of my size 10.5 feet into my rather large mouth....

but, i could never reject a transwomon simply 'cos she wasn't "born" a womon...

i'll quote alix olson, "...having a c**t matters less than having the c**t mentality..."

:mrgreen:
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
"Don't compromise yourself, you're all you've got..." - Janis Joplin

Holly

• Members
  • 2 posts
I resolved who I was long ago. I am a woman, and that's that.

If someone else has a problem accepting me, well, so be it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users