still PMSing

5 replies to this topic

Nailbunny

• Members
  • 29 posts
I have two cats. Shadow and Myca. My female one, Shadow, got spayed a few months ago, and now she's more violent then ever. These two have never exactly been best pals but now she'll attack Myca (male) out of the freakin blue, hissin' and beatin' him up. Everynow and then he'll get some balls and defend himself or instigate the confrontation, but for the most part its Shadow that strikes first. I thought kitty's are supposed to be all gentle and calm after being "fixed". Anybody else had this experience?
The dumber people think you are, the more suprised they'll be when you kill them....

Guest_EmberPhase_*

• Guests

I have two cats. Shadow and Myca. My female one, Shadow, got spayed a few months ago, and now she's more violent then ever. These two have never exactly been best pals but now she'll attack Myca (male) out of the freakin blue, hissin' and beatin' him up. Everynow and then he'll get some balls and defend himself or instigate the confrontation, but for the most part its Shadow that strikes first. I thought kitty's are supposed to be all gentle and calm after being "fixed". Anybody else had this experience?

My cousin's male cat was fixed and he is a demon to the core. I guess it has the opposite effect that it has on dogs.

melissah

• Members
  • 8 posts
Neutering your furry loved one does have a calming effect on them, but it really does depend on the temprement of the animal. It mostly related to territory issues, though, although sometimes a stud will become depressed after the chop.

I don't know if there are spelling errors in that, but I'm so tired that I don't care. Giving advice out at 5am, honestly. Tisk.

dmevans

• Members
  • 5 posts
after you have fixed your pet give them time to calm down sometimes it's quick, sometimes it's not. They need time to get the feelings out of their system. Ask your vet. It shouldn't take all that long. Mine calmed down very quickly, in a matter of weeks but, they are indoor cats and don't go out. It might be, because I have 2 females. Had 3 cats 2 females 1 one but the male passed away not too long ago. Just realized topic is already a few months old. I hate dead topics anyway heh. :)

Jenica

• Members
  • 4 posts
In my experience cats will sometimes keep their feisty/semi-feral behavior after being altered if they've gone through heat a few times already. Like maybe after the "grown-up kitty hormones" get circulating in their bodies it changes their perspective on the world. So there's my very non-clinical perspective. :)

roo

• Members
  • 33 posts
There is this stuff called Feliway (spelling?). It is usually used to help with urination problems (peeing outside of the box), but it can be used to help calm down cats. You should be able to find it in any pet store.

I have a male cat who was not fixed when I got him. He was about a year old and crazy as hell. I got him fixed, hoping he would calm down. It has been about two years and he is still more active than a kitten. He's quite commical, however. He is not a good cat for a home with small children, but we get along just fine. He truly earned his name Scooter.

Also, some male cats will continue to spray after being fixed. Just wanted to add this comment for all those who get their cat fixed only to find he's still spraying.
A good woman is like a good book: you'll want to get lost in both for hours and be much the wiser for it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users