My Insane Turtle

55 replies to this topic

Poll: Is my turtle starving? (13 member(s) have cast votes)

Is my turtle starving?

1. Yes, you crazy bitch! (6 votes [46.15%])

Percentage of vote: 46.15%

2. No, are you insane? (6 votes [46.15%])

Percentage of vote: 46.15%

3. I don't feel like answering. Are you insane? (1 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

Vote Guests cannot vote

CymbalGirl

• Members
  • 41 posts
I think Puck might be a girl!!! How um do turtles um do it? Once I know this, I will know the gender of Puck. Or he might be a gay turtle...

It's taking me forever to get a good picture of Puck with my digital cam because it doesn't have a flash and the lighting in my computer room sucks. It'll take me a few minutes. They all keep coming out too dark! Any suggestions miss pixel?
Drummers do it better...in Rhythm

pixel

• Members
  • 46 posts
GET MORE LIGHT!!! lol

Seriously been doing a lil turtle research

Light
=====

* Turtles need several hours of exposure to natural sunlight every day. This
helps them synthesize vitamin D3. If you keep your pet outdoors, and there
is sun and shade available in the enclosure, you don't have to worry.
If your turtle is indoors all the time, you have to provide a source of
full spectrum lighing or supplements.

* Turtles need a basking light.

* The lights should be on between 10 and 14 hours a day, depending
whether you use a yearly cycle, or not, and depending on where your
turtle comes from.

* If you keep your turtles indoors and are not breeding, you do not need
to hibernate them...Poor Puck doesn't even get to hibernate

* If your turtles live outside in the summer, you can take them in
in winter and need not hibernate them.

* Turtles from tropical areas do not hibernate. They will die if you try. Btw Canda is not a tropical climate lol

* If you want to hibernate your turtles, refer to one of the books
listed below.

Sexing our turtle - no this doesnt mean finding Puck a friend...

These are not clean-cut rules, and not all work for all
turtles, but using a combination of them, will usually help
you determine the gender of your turtle....hmm rules are you familar with rules lol

* Males often have fatter, bigger tails than females.

* Males have the vent (cloaca) about 2/3 from the shell towards
the tip of the tail. Females have it closer to the shell.

* Males have a flat or concave plastron (bottom shell) - so it will
fit better on top of the female. Females have a flat or convex
plastron - so there is more space for eggs.

Ok this ends lesson one and on the digital photo info I will get back to you..I got to head out to work ...sigh
and Thank you for the kind birthday wishes!!
Love sought is good, but given unsought is better
--William Shakespeare

pixel

• Members
  • 46 posts
Believe it or not Cymbal
I spent the early morning looking up info for poor Puck....then I
went to work thinking about yor digital camera question

...more light is still the answer lol.

I managed to have a fab day at work..I had a cake and was given a huge group card and some very nice gifts including a Barnes and Nobles gift card..which I promptly put to use to night after work lol

Then as I am wandering around in Barnes, what do I see? A book on turtles
..curiousity over whelmed me.. .
given Pucks current status my amateur diagnois-
a Sudden overdosing of vitamin A ...but a call to a vet would be a wise move- seriously.

Shortly after my carmel Frappachio ..(there's always a carmel Frap involved when I go to Barnes lol)
what did I spot? A book of Shakespeare Quotes.. I picked it up I hesistated I put it down I walked away and then I hurried back picked it up and purchased it.. now I can really torment you um I mean enlighten lol

So see you had a part in my bday..now just dont let it happen again Lmao.J/k
--William Shakespeare

pixel

• Members
  • 46 posts
Is Puck still among the living? Or are we still on Turtle suicide watch?
I have a thermos of coffeee right here for you just in case lol

Hope all is well and looking forward to an update and pic of our resident turtle :D
--William Shakespeare

pixel

• Members
  • 46 posts
Hmm been a few days since the last cymbal sighting

..did Puck get all buff and get revenge on her for 10 years of starvation or is she searching for Puck the escapee or perhaps sadly making funeral arrangements for our beloved Puck?..Inquiring minds want to know lol.
--William Shakespeare

CymbalGirl

• Members
  • 41 posts
It has been awile since I've posted. School, scholarships, and this sexy girl I met on the bus have been all on my mind for the past week. That sounds like a super duper birthday pixel! I can't believe you bought the Shakespeare quotes book...oh my! Rather, aaaaa!

As for Puck, he/she seems fine. I took the huge rock out of the tank to avoid the S-Word. We don't have blinds on the window of the computer room for this reason, the sunlight I mean. I went to superpet yesterday(which by the way, is awesome-free samples!) and got this cute little rock toy. This next part is kinda weird. We couldn't figure out what smelled in the room, so we went on a smell hunt! Finally, after an hour and a half, it was concluded that the soury bad foody smell was coming from the toy. Before I put it in Puck's tank I washed it so now I'm confused as to were this smell came from. This story is getting long and boring so I'm done now.

I got the scholarship though! Not much, but it'll pay for a couple of books. I should have gotten that girl's number. You'd think for being so outgoing I'd have guts. Oh well. I think I'll put a link in the next post but the pictures are really dark since I can only remember to do it at night. So...stay tuned.. :wink:

I'll probably post the link tonight!

pixel

• Members
  • 46 posts
Congrats Cymba!!!! See I keep shortening your name pretty soon you'll just be cym :lol: A scholarship huh, I assume its not from any animal rights groups lol

A pretty girl yo were intersted in and You didnt get her #?? Have we taught you nothing lol....Ok ok do you atleast remember the route? Most ppl who ride the bus are creatures of habit because they can only get to certain locations at certain times..so perhaps she's a regular!

If I were you I'd be taking that bus route every chance I got in hopes of another "accidental" meeting lol but be suave dont over do or you'll look like a stalker lol.
--William Shakespeare

CymbalGirl

• Members
  • 41 posts
It was my bus route. :( I'm destined to be alone forever with 4 ferrets, 3 turtles and a dog(for a good balance) in a trailer in Western New York. There I will watch pretty girls walk by, take pictures, the put them on the internet as my friends.

Optimistic life ahead for me, huh? I'm in a really weird mood tonight. It's freaking everyone out. I think I'm just tired. Ahh well. Wanna hear how my days goes for the next month? Well I'm going to tell you anyways. Wake up at 6am, volunteer from 8 'till 9, school from 9 'till 3ish, work from 5 'till 11. I need Pep Pills!

Oh well, here's an animated joke I find funny at this moment

Posted Image

dandy_lionness

• Members
  • 37 posts
My neighbour has a pet turtle. He buys fish for it once in a while as a treat. Last Christmas he bought it two fish. One got eaten and the second one has strangely survived for 4 months. So... my neighbour has a pet turtle who has a pet fish.

Maybe you should try feeding your turtle some fish and see if it's starving? Just a thought.

That's Dandy :roll:
What do you mean there's nothing in my Cracker Jack box?

pixel

• Members
  • 46 posts
A turtle with a pet fish- now thats cute lol and I bet it's one grateful fish that it didnt turn into a meal :lol:

Well Cym- looks like the poll#s are changing - looks like you're being exonerated for starving your turtle physically and emotionally for 10 yrs lol.

Maybe you should mate Ol puck and market them- after all Puck must have superior genes to withstand near starvation for 10yrs lol
--William Shakespeare

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users