Personality or Looks?

64 replies to this topic

Guest_EmberPhase_*

• Guests

To further complicate things, let me delve into my sexual desires for a moment. I find the prospect of wearing a dildo and role-playing as a man very tantilizing! Does this make me a trans-fag? A butch-lez? I dunno! I also love the idea of a strong, aggressive, and yet gentle woman having her way with me.

Oh Dandy dear! We MUST talk! hehehe :twisted: :D

mspider50

• Members
  • 11 posts

Since no one else has started a topic for this one, I thought I would. So there! :roll: I can never figure out if a woman is refering to her personality or looks when they define themselves at "butchy" or "femme". My friend always called herself butchy even though she wasn't. But she acted kinda butch. Okay, now I just confused myself. Why did these labels start?!? What am I? Why did I start this topic again?
I was dropped as a child. :shock:
:) personally I don't like labels. most of my friends say that I am more of a soft butch. I don't think of myself as anything. Just a woman. I don't have a perference as to what kind I am attracted to. I look at everyone as beautiful.I am more attracted to a woman's personality than her looks. She has to have a great sense of humor and love being herself.
Have a great day all.

Don't wrap it up,I'll eat it here :-)

dandy_lionness

• Members
  • 37 posts

Oh Dandy dear! We MUST talk! hehehe

Oh behave! Meow! :wink:

That's Dandy :roll:
What do you mean there's nothing in my Cracker Jack box?

Carrie

• Members
  • 43 posts
To me, labels only seem useful (or accurate) when discussing looks.
Personality is too complex to put into a box, whereas appearance is a little easier. I have always described myself as "femme" but someone asked if I consider myself butch because I like hiking! LOL My interests and activities have nothing to do with my "Looks catagory"
The purpose of labels in my opinion is to make looking for potential lovers easier. Its very hard on some sites to browse through pictures of everyone, so you identify yourself with something and the general type of people you're attracted to based on cultural labels already "set" in society and you try to narrow things down that way.
Sometimes labels can backfire though! On one site it asked women to describe their body type as one of 4 catagories, one of which was "ample" which I have always thought meant "a few extra lbs or heavier" but plenty of women thought it meant "hourglass-shaped" or "voluptuous" I'm sure this caused plenty of confusion for people who were basing their search on body type
--C

mspider50

• Members
  • 11 posts

To me, labels only seem useful (or accurate) when discussing looks.
Personality is too complex to put into a box, whereas appearance is a little easier. I have always described myself as "femme" but someone asked if I consider myself butch because I like hiking! LOL My interests and activities have nothing to do with my "Looks catagory"
The purpose of labels in my opinion is to make looking for potential lovers easier. Its very hard on some sites to browse through pictures of everyone, so you identify yourself with something and the general type of people you're attracted to based on cultural labels already "set" in society and you try to narrow things down that way.
Sometimes labels can backfire though! On one site it asked women to describe their body type as one of 4 catagories, one of which was "ample" which I have always thought meant "a few extra lbs or heavier" but plenty of women thought it meant "hourglass-shaped" or "voluptuous" I'm sure this caused plenty of confusion for people who were basing their search on body type
--C

I agree with you Carrie You said it just like I would have. i look into a persons heart and find what I need to find there. I see a woman's beauty as it is and I am only attracted to her personality and not her looks.
It is nice to see the beauty in everything. :D
Have a nice day.
Lynn
Don't wrap it up,I'll eat it here :-)

dandy_lionness

• Members
  • 37 posts
Hmm, if labels really are meant for outward appearances only, then may I find a femme who sports whole different attitude! LOL Does such a thing exist?

That's Dandy :roll:
What do you mean there's nothing in my Cracker Jack box?

pagangoddess26

• Members
  • 48 posts
I don't know the difference . . . well, I have seen butch women and what society stereotypes as 'dyke', but . . . I like wearing jeans and t shirts and sweat pants, but I also like wearing dresses and things like that. Foo foo la la. I don't know . . . is butch femme a personality or an appearance? i think it's all in the eye of the beholder, isn't it?
Yours,
CelticKnot28
~Never discuss politics or religion with friends or family because opinions are like assholes-- everyone has one and everyone thinks everyone else’s stinks.~

Teoria

• Members
  • 19 posts
Dandy, you wrote:
Hmm, if labels really are meant for outward appearances only, then may I find a femme who sports whole different attitude! LOL Does such a thing exist?

Yes, such a person or type exists. I do not believe in such labels but if we must use them, then to accurately do so they need only apply to physical appearances b/c we as individuals are too multi-faceted. I once dated such a girl. So yes, your unicorn does exist. I also look femme w/ a few dominant traits (unfortunately, not in the areas you seem to seek). Like I said in a previous reply, I think everyone is a bit femme and butch if we must use labels. But if everyone is a combo, what is the point of such labels? (P.S. If my ex ever becomes available I'll tell her to give you a buzz. But just in case she doesn't, keep looking. I promise you will find her. True love is hard to find, but not impossible.)
"She walks in beauty like the night of cloudless climes and starry skies and all that's best of dark and bright meet in her aspect and her eyes" -Lord Byron

Cherry

• Members
  • 1 posts

what am I?:shock:

Whatever you wanna be :wink:

domino

• Members
  • 11 posts
Hello eveyone. How's this for labels; I am a black identified white lesbian. Figure that one out...Anyway, I would rather date femme women,but I have been known to be attracted to those sistahs who are a little genderbending back when I was younger...Still there is nothing more attractive to me than a sexy femme in high heels and lingere...Sigh :twisted:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users