flirting and getting over previous relationships

23 replies to this topic

garbage7

• Members
  • 15 posts
I like this girl who told me she likes me too, however she can't get over her last GF. Is there still hope for me? We are becoming really good friends if nothing else, but I can't shake it, I am crushed.

:(

Guest_EmberPhase_*

• Guests
As loser as it sounds, I have taken up to four years between relationships before; others not as long. I am sorry to say that only time heals all wounds and each instance is different. You'll just have to be willing to wait it out or move on to someone who is ready.

(Or so says me)

pixel

• Members
  • 46 posts
First of all Ember let me just say, you dont look Old enough to have let 4 yrs pass in between relationships lol.

Having no experience( yet) in this area I am hesitant to offer any advice other than to say try not to get too frusrated if you find yourself stuck in friendship mode- it sounds like you could be there a while and could even be permanent.

Tonight I had a rather strange occurrance - I have never been instant messenged before by someone I didnt know already... course I do realize thats sort of the idea for this site lol
but tonight I was Imed by the other side of the world lol
alledged from a woman in Bankok-
She added me to her buddy list and out of curiousity I accepted...curiosity killed the cat - hope it doesnt kill me instead lol.

Anyway according to her- a friend of hers was helping her look for a woman....and was susposed to be for a local woman in Bankok ...so I am not sure how and or why but she got my SN from a site- more than likely this site lol because I only frequent and belong to 2 sites and the other one is just a forum and does not make this info avaible.

It was a pleasant chat but found myself not wanting to give this person any personal info like location or work info ...I just gave very genereal non specific answers when I could.

However I am curious is this something that often happens? Has it happened to anyone else?

CymbalGirl

• Members
  • 41 posts
Maybe you're just one of the lucky ones. I hear those Bankok women are pretty hot.
Drummers do it better...in Rhythm

pixel

• Members
  • 46 posts
yeah Cymba, their hot alright . ..overheated from a lack of AC and over crowding lol.

CymbalGirl

• Members
  • 41 posts
Aww, that made me sad. Maybe we can start a charity that donates Wet- Naps to Bankokian(?) women.
Drummers do it better...in Rhythm

Guest_EmberPhase_*

• Guests

First of all Ember let me just say, you dont look Old enough to have let 4 yrs pass in between relationships lol.

Having no experience( yet) in this area I am hesitant to offer any advice other than to say try not to get too frusrated if you find yourself stuck in friendship mode- it sounds like you could be there a while and could even be permanent.

Tonight I had a rather strange occurrance - I have never been instant messenged before by someone I didnt know already... course I do realize thats sort of the idea for this site lol
but tonight I was Imed by the other side of the world lol
alledged from a woman in Bankok-
She added me to her buddy list and out of curiousity I accepted...curiosity killed the cat - hope it doesnt kill me instead lol.

Anyway according to her- a friend of hers was helping her look for a woman....and was susposed to be for a local woman in Bankok ...so I am not sure how and or why but she got my SN from a site- more than likely this site lol because I only frequent and belong to 2 sites and the other one is just a forum and does not make this info avaible.

It was a pleasant chat but found myself not wanting to give this person any personal info like location or work info ...I just gave very genereal non specific answers when I could.

However I am curious is this something that often happens? Has it happened to anyone else?

I have had someone IMed from here. I ,too, gave non-specific answers, but with me I generally do that with everyone. I actually told her not to be offended, I treat the men online the same way (male or female IM, doesn't matter they are both IMs). I was taken aback by her asking if I was Bi or gay first out of the gate. I told her, as I generally feel, that is a question between friends. We didn't know one another well enough to be taking the convo in that direction after 5 mins. I just tend to stay away from those types of subjects until I know the person more because you never know who is sitting on the other side of the screen, getting their jollies from your typed words.

PS. thanks for the youth statement, it makes me feel good. :)

Nailbunny

• Members
  • 29 posts

I like this girl who told me she likes me too, however she can't get over her last GF. Is there still hope for me?

:(

What you have to do is make her forget her ex girlfriend if you really want to be with this chick. Spend time with her and charm her, take all the things about her last girlfreind she had that she didnt like and do the opposite. Basically you have to refocus her on you and stay in the picture, find the most opportune moment in the right setting/atmoshere and knock her socks off with a slow passionate kiss out of the blue. But make sure that you dont falter or become selfconcious if you do that, remain in control and composed if you feel her hesitating but wanting to yeild to you... she'll take comfort in your self confidence if she really does like you.

If she becomes really reactive and melodramatic in a negative way, then take comfort in knowing that its probably for the best becuse that means that she is really not ready to give her heart to someone new, and that wouldnt be fair to you.
The dumber people think you are, the more suprised they'll be when you kill them....

garbage7

• Members
  • 15 posts
Yes that's genious! Thanks. I have noticed a bit of tension between us...with my other lesbian friends we are totally relaxed and not afraid to casually be touchy feely as friends, but with this girl I like it's totally not comfortable it's awkward and cold yet we can talk for hours together...what about that?

Teoria

• Members
  • 19 posts
A few weeks ago, i accepted an IM from a woman on a different site and it turned out to be the greatest thing I ever did. We have met in person once already and will be going out again very soon. We talk all the time and she is not boring. So keep your hopes up...not everyone is boring. Sometimes you just have to take a chance. I was a bit nervous at first though.
"She walks in beauty like the night of cloudless climes and starry skies and all that's best of dark and bright meet in her aspect and her eyes" -Lord Byron

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users