people who don't like the way other people look in public

81 replies to this topic

lesbotronic

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 191 posts
hot69btch, I think we should now direct your attention to the Private Message function on the board. If something you'd like to say is either off-topic and/or really intended just for one member and/or not so much "general reading," it's best if you send that message privately, alrighty? Thanks.

country filly

• Members
  • 1 posts
:? :?
I have but one question to ask..Why do we need lables???
i am just a woman who loves another woman. i loved this woman for over 30 years till she passed on. Loving her did not make us any of the labels everyone puts on us. We were and are nothing more or less then women who love each other as God would have us do. He ask su all to love each other as he loves us all. SO why all the LABELS?????

Boudicca

• Members
  • 35 posts
I personally don't understand why women who say they don't want to be with men insist on dressing like them. While I think anyone can do/be whatever feels best for them - and I don't put them down for it - I still don't quite understand that dynamic myself. If I wanted a man or a masculine-looking person, I'd get a man. But I am attracted to women .... women who LOOK like women. Oh, and the ones that look like they've not taken a bath in a week - UGH. That simply smacks of laziness and inattention to their looks or a decided lack of concern about how they present themselves. As one who takes pride in her appearance, that's something I can't get, either, but how they expect to attract someone looking like that is beyond me.

Shutting up now. Just my two cents' worth! :) - Lara

My barn having burned to the ground, I can now see the moon .... Author Unknown

beltanebutch

• Members
  • 39 posts
I guess what is confusing to me about what your saying boudicca is that women who dress like men are still women. Many people believe that gender is completely socially constructed and even most feminists who don't beleive that think that women can still be women and wear whatever they want.

I have something different on the topic that I want to ask. I am a butch woman and often I get really excited about wearing a new butch outfit out and sometimes other lesbians look at me like I'm shallow or posing. I'm just wearing what I like and what seems to attract women who like butches. I mean if I thought a Fonzy haircut would attract more women, I would get one.

Boudicca

• Members
  • 35 posts
I have something different on the topic that I want to ask. I am a butch woman and often I get really excited about wearing a new butch outfit out and sometimes other lesbians look at me like I'm shallow or posing. I'm just wearing what I like and what seems to attract women who like butches. I mean if I thought a Fonzy haircut would attract more women, I would get one.[/quote]

Personally, I wouldn't worry about it! If you dig what you're wearing, then someone else will, too! You'll feel comfortable because you're happy in what you have on. That's the best fashion statement! :)
My barn having burned to the ground, I can now see the moon .... Author Unknown

beltanebutch

• Members
  • 39 posts
very true, thank you so much

lonely3weeks

• Members
  • 11 posts

country filly said:

:? :?
I have but one question to ask..Why do we need lables???
i am just a woman who loves another woman. i loved this woman for over 30 years till she passed on. Loving her did not make us any of the labels everyone puts on us. We were and are nothing more or less then women who love each other as God would have us do. He ask su all to love each other as he loves us all. SO why all the LABELS?????

OH YEAH! LABELS ARE FOR CANS!!!!
me personally, I'm human, I make choices.
I can never understand why those choices place me into any sort of catagory????
Something I have learned this year is to say to myself, when i find myself judging someone on their appearence, "they are blameless for their appearance"
Perhaps the ladies discussed in the very very first post were having a particularly bad day (as evidenced by their behavior) and could care less about their outward appearance as they had other things to think about??

although I must say... the whole looking like a "man" thing does make me wonder also... or perhaps thats just the way I've been brought up? I personally am a woman who likes women who look like women! (again, the whole mint ice-cream thing - which I love by the way) and I guess, seeing as Ive not had a lot of experience "looking for" a partner - mine just fell into my lap, so to speak - im probably talking through my rather inexperienced hat - but just my opinion anyways!... :roll:

calif_amazon

• Members
  • 4 posts
I am interested in this topic because someone once asked me what I wanted in a woman, and I told her the same thing men dol A beautiful, sexy woman. I told her that I wanted to date the hottest chick in the room. She laughed for a minute and then asked why there are so many women who look like guys then that are lesbians and who date women. I have no answer to that, all I can say is "to each her own." Who am I to judge anyone and their life choices. Just because I may not want a woman who is butched out doesn't mean someone out there doesn't. I just don't want to be put down by other lesbians because I do look feminine and date feminine. That seems to be the real problem here ladies, we already know how the rest of the world feels about us, but to fight amongst ourselves like this? Please "live and let live" lets mind our own business and move on.

CA

beltanebutch

• Members
  • 39 posts
Heres the deal with gender expression and labels as I understand it... We live in a society that recognizes 2 genders. However, there have been and are still remnants of cultures that recognize up to 5 genders. Whoa, thats right 5 genders. born male, expresses male (work choices, clothes etc.); born male, expresses female; born female, expresses female; born female, expresses male; and intersexed, those born a biological combination of male and female. From what I understand, it looks as though in the cultures where more genders were culturally accepted, there wasn't any surgical altering of the genitals by anyone. However, in more rigid cultures, such as India or the USA, transgendered people experience more cultural alienation and oppression and are more likely to surgically alter themselves to fit into a rigid 2 gender system.

Why do we need labels...one could think of it as language. The more language we have for our experience, the more complex our experience is...everybody knows the analogy of the inuits having some huge amount of words to describe snow. How about if we think up lotsa words for sex and gender and stop being freaked out about every experience that is different from our own.

ie., there were women flirting and talking about femme on femme action in the flirting forum and I figured out that they all weren't about a butch watching, so I started a femme on butch flirting board. There is enough room for all of us, I just wish people weren't so derogatory in their comments.

From one dirty bulldagger.....

Tatianna

• Members
  • 13 posts
:lol: I must say that I was an admirer of Margaret Mead for more than her "looks" and I really can't say what it is that exactly "triggers" things for me sexually; as I have been drawn to many types of women/wimmin in my life. I do know that INTELLIGENCE is a Huge turn-on for me; being able to make me laugh, knowing that she's my Everything; but that not everything is about her; well just being one helluva lover; attentive, satisfying, and willing to expirement are all big pluses. Sure sometimes I date the "hottest chick in the room"; sometimes deep inside they have the most insecurities though. I've been equally as happy with some incredibly strong and very "Butchy"wimmin; but all of them were exceptionally fastidious; a REQUIREMENT to be my lover. I guess I really took that "Cleanliness is next to Godliness" thingee personally. :lol:
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take; but by the things that take our breath away....... !

When faced w/ two evils; I usually pick the one I haven't tried before. - Mae West

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users