Where'd your screen name come from?

78 replies to this topic

Teoria

• Members
  • 19 posts
Mine is pretty boring...it is a nickname my aunt used to call me when i was a kid. It means theoretical in Italian. She gave it to me b/c i think too much. But I guess that is a trait common amongst capricorns.
"She walks in beauty like the night of cloudless climes and starry skies and all that's best of dark and bright meet in her aspect and her eyes" -Lord Byron

ProfessionalRevolutionary

• Members
  • 2 posts
Mine can't be that hard to understand. Ever since I was a kid, I've been anti-authoritative. I have been called Xena since age 12 and one day while filling out a survey, it asked for occupation and I put in "Professional Revolutionary". It was this SN or Warrior Princess.
"I was a lesbian before it was popular."

mspider50

• Members
  • 11 posts
:D My screen name came from a nickname that one of my brothers buddies named me. We were playing pool and I broke the balls and his buddy came up to me and said that looks like a spiderweb the way the balls went out. He showed me and I said"yea it does" so he started calling me Spider. When he later had to spend time in jail he wrote to me and addressed the letter spider and the postman asked me if that was my real name and I said " no it's just a name someone gave me" so when I got my first computer I needed a screen name and spider came up so that's it.
It's registered even and I was the first to have that screen name on AOL.So that's my story.
Lynn
Don't wrap it up,I'll eat it here :-)

roo

• Members
  • 33 posts
Well, mine came from me thinking my hairdo looks kind of rooster-ish. I shave the sides way down (not to the skin) and leave the middle a bit longer (a kind of semi-mohawk, or, in my case, a homohawk, lol).

I also have several email addresses for different reasons, so I needed to come up with different names. I'm roo, mangoroo (one of my favorite fruits, besides myself, lol), nairobi x jones (saw the name nyrobi jones in the phone book and thought it was interesting. I changed the spelling and added the "x" so I could use it in yahoo), and a few others.
A good woman is like a good book: you'll want to get lost in both for hours and be much the wiser for it.

roo

• Members
  • 33 posts
Well, mine came from me thinking my hairdo looks kind of rooster-ish. I shave the sides way down (not to the skin) and leave the middle a bit longer (a kind of semi-mohawk, or, in my case, a homohawk, lol).

I also have several email addresses for different reasons, so I needed to come up with different names. I'm roo, mangoroo (one of my favorite fruits, besides myself, lol), nairobi x jones (saw the name nyrobi jones in the phone book and thought it was interesting. I changed the spelling and added the "x" so I could use it in yahoo), and a few others.
A good woman is like a good book: you'll want to get lost in both for hours and be much the wiser for it.

bLuEeYeDbAbY

• Members
  • 1 posts
well...my last gf/domme called me her "pretty blue eyed baby", so i took out the pretty cuz it was too long, and now i'm just a blue eyed baby... :roll:
I am in the wilderness
You are in the music
In the man's car next to me
Somewhere in my sadness
I know I won't fall apart completely
-Sade: Lover's Rock

angogwanon

• Members
  • 13 posts
My screen name is a name given to me by a Natve American elder of the Seneca Nation. It means She Who Nurishes.

SBgalaxy

• Members
  • 9 posts
Mine is a combination of my initials and my superhero name. I am Galaxy - space & time Traveler. I have been to other galaxies, yes.
~ queer poly hippie engineer ~

Mortalum

• Members
  • 20 posts
Mine's Latin for mortal. Way back when the Puritans lived here their grave stones had the saying "Memento te esse mortalum" (Remember you are mortal). It was to remind everyone in the town to be even more holy because they were going to die soon (morbid huh?). I like to take it as live everyday to the fullest. Yay for history lessons. :)
May women rule the world. - Kurt Cobain

BauboBBW

• Members
  • 39 posts
Here's the full monty on my screen name:

"A Greek myth recorded in the seventh century BCE, presents the belly goddess as Baubo. Baubo is the belly-baring woman who plays the central role in Demeter's search for her daughter. In this myth, Demeter's separation from her daughter, Persephone, begins when Persephone's father Zeus helps his brother Hades to abduct the maiden. Hades steals Persephone into the underworld and rapes her. Having lost her daughter, Demeter is devastated.

She doesn't know where to look for Persephone, nor does she have the will to search. She loses hope. In her grief, she stops the crops from growing. The supply of food dwindles; starvation nears. The world is barren and drab. Demeter arrives at Eleusis, utterly dispirited. Baubo steps up to her; she dances in front of Demeter and tells her bawdy jokes. Most accounts call her jokes "obscene."

Now comes the pivotal moment: Baubo lifts her skirt. She bares her belly and flashes her vulva to Demeter. And Demeter laughs. Mirth breaks through Demeter's despair; she soon resolves to resume her search for Persephone. Demeter's laughter gives her the guts to seek and ultimately reclaim her daughter. As she does so, abundant life returns to earth.

Lifting her skirt, baring her belly and revealing her vulva, Baubo is cunctipotent—the old word for demonstrating womanly, generative power. Baubo demonstrates to Demeter the center they share, returning the goddess to her own center of being. Demeter sees Baubo's belly, and she remembers who she is." -- taken from Granny Moon's Daily Digest by Zsuszanna Budapest

I chose Baubo (or she chose me, LOL) because I have a similar sense of humor and I added BBW for Big, Beautiful Witch 'cos that's what I am! :wink:
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
"Don't compromise yourself, you're all you've got..." - Janis Joplin

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users