Priscilla-Queen of the Desert and La Cage Aux Faux

3 replies to this topic

Poll: Which one have you seen? (7 member(s) have cast votes)

Which one have you seen?

1. Priscilla-Queen of the Desert (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Neither (0 votes [0.00%])

3. All of them! (6 votes [85.71%])

Percentage of vote: 85.71%

4. La Cage Aux Faux (European version) (0 votes [0.00%])

5. The Bird Cage (American version) (1 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

Vote Guests cannot vote

writergamer

• Members
  • 16 posts
I've seen 2 gay men movie called "Priscilla-Queen of the Desert" and
"La Cage Aux Faux" that are both very good comedies! First and foremost "Priscilla" is an Australian comedy starring Hugo Weaving and its basically about 3 drag queens that are trying to get across the great Australian outback desert to their destination to perform in their fancy duds.

"La Cage Aux Faux" or its American name "The Bird Cage" was originally made in the mid-late 70's in French with English subtitles. This was actually the first homosexual movie that I've seen and all three movies of it were hysterically funny! So if you're in the mood for gay comedy, I recommend those two movies! The American version of "La Cage Aux Faux" is okay and stars Robert Williams but I highly recommend you see the European version first!
8) :lol:

LizzieLou

• Posting Members (3 or more)
  • 27 posts
I can't really do the poll because I've seen 2 of the 3 : American "Birdcage" and "Priscilla." They are both, IMO, worth watching.

Arme

• Members
  • 11 posts
I'm in the same boat as Lizzielou, I've seen The Birdcage and Priscilla, and I loved them both.

Awen

• Members
  • 1 posts
"La Cage aux Faux"? Huh ! Strange name ! As "faux" means wrong or false. I saw it though, it's called in french "La Cage aux Folles". And "folles" in this context means something close to drag queens. Which is accurate. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users