I'm Mixed

2 replies to this topic

writergamer

• Members
  • 16 posts
My mom said a funny remark to me saying that I'm HALF in all aspects. I'm half Japanese and German and I'm bi-sexual. I don't mind being what I am at all but sometimes its hard to blend in either of my heritages.

Lise441

• Members
  • 162 posts
I guess it's true when they say that family hurts you the most. So it's been like 12 years since I've seen my father's mother, I decided to stop seeing her when I was 8 because of the way she treated me (oh my I just told my age :oops: lol), the way all of them treated me and today she decided to stop by and say hello while she was in town. I don't know why I thought that things would be different, but hey you have to have hope right? Well nothing ever changed, she still calls me "Yellow", "Red", an "Albino Coon," :evil: I know I'm too old to keep letting this stuff get to me, but I don't know how to stop those old feelings from coming back. I don't know how to make the hurt stop. Has anyone, who is multiracial, ever experienced this form of discrimination from one or both sides of your family? How do you deal with it? :roll:
Sometimes you stand on the edge of a cliff and you jump. You jump because you're tired of being scared. Sometimes you jump just to feel the fall

B gi ll y

• Posting Members (3 or more)
  • 5 posts
Well i'm white as you can see :-) but have always had more black friends than white. Not because of the area I lived in just because we were always drawn to each other. I have felt discrimination on both sides and it's sad. I got it from my family because they couldn't understand why I felt more connected to my black friends and their family. Then I would get it from some of the friends of my black friends. They would say why you trying to be black? Which drove me insane cuz I have never tried to be anybody i'm just me. I now have a mixed ybaby my best guy friend was my donor. I get questioned all the time why I choose a black donor. For me it wasn't about color and never has been I.chose the best guy I knew. It's sad that in this day and age racism is still vey prevalent on all sides of the spectrum.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users