Lesbians who look at men!

43 replies to this topic

Raychelle_E

• Members
  • 11 posts
I have a question? Okay I like to look at men nude (not at all to the extent of when I was calling myself being straight), I think some are cute hell I've even went to see male strippers with my straight friends. BUT I have absolutly no desire to have a relationship with a man or sleep with a men (I did enjoy the strip show). And with women I pretty much like them 100%. are there any other lesbians on here who have some sort of attraction to men but don't consider themselves bi?

Ray Gay :twisted:

PromiseTomorrow

• Members
  • 16 posts
It's funny that you posted this because I've had some questions along these same lines. So... my situation is, I fantasize about having sex with men, but it's focus is on the penetration part of it, rather than the actual male physique. However, I have NOOOO desire to have sex with a man or a relationship with one. I am very attracted to women and love having sex with women but when it comes to my "private" bedroom, my lesbian fantasies (unless I'm fantasizing about an actual girlfriend, etc) are always lackluster. I find it difficult to conjur real and arousing scenarios involving two women rather than one man and one woman.

Anyone have any ideas? I know I didn't answer your question, because well... I'm asking the same question I guess.
www.myspace.com/theraginghopeful

"Are you a lesbian?" - a heckler
"Are you my alternative?" - Florynce Kennedy

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer."
~Robin Tyler

phoenix99

• Members
  • 65 posts
Well, I consider myself bi (mostly) so I'm not sure I qualify to answer this :) Though, at this point in my life I find it HIGHLY unlikely that I would have a relationship of any type with a man.

Anyway, I don't think that thinking about men is a bad thing, or even that it negates any type of lesbian feelings and/or desires. I may be wrong, but it's probably biological. Such as PromiseTomorrow and thinking about penetration. That's probably just your body saying, hey, I was made for this so gimme! But that doesn't mean that anything would be mentally satisfying. (to include an actual sexual act with a man) Or even physically if it were to actually happen (since a lot of it is mental as well).

To me, it's only human to be able to appreciate the human form and enjoy it, or even be aroused by it, in all it's forms.

And anyway, if you identify as lesbian then that's what you are. Finding pleasure in the male form doesn't make you any less lesbian unless YOU decide it does.

Well, that's just my .02 :)
------------------------------------
But he that dares not grasp the thorn
Should never crave the rose.
- Anne Bronte, "The Narrow Way"

monteen

• Members
  • 31 posts
I identify as a lesbian, but still have sex with men. I don't identify as bi because, while I can sleep with the occasional guy, I can't connect emotionally. Sexual identity is more than just the act of sex in my book.

Not very many straight people see it this way, however.

Tatianna

• Members
  • 13 posts
I think many types of human bodies are beautiful to look at. I am "TOTALLY a lesbian" (my friends description, not mine),in that; I've never slept w/ a man and I connect to woman-only on an emotional/relationship level. I could very well enjoy a good strip show, a book of male physiques or even flirting w/ the opposite sex. As for my bedroom fantasies; well I would be lying to say that I haven't been "programmed by society" to equate penetration and the male sex organ as being parts of the same conceptualization........ but I love sex with a woman with and without penetration. And I have been teased a million times about givin' a cute guy a second glance. No matter what "Label" I give myself; I figure if I don't know WHO I am by now at age 48, then I'm not truly growing as a human being! Also I'm a big fan of the opinions of Margaret Mead (Author & Anthropologist) and she stated that we are all born "Bisexual" and then sort of re-program ourselves into various degrees of mindset Re: sexuality as we develop. We might be or feel really "Butchy" about some things and really "Femme" about others - regardless of what actual "Sex" we are born into.
I think that it is our business only what "turns us off & on", unless we choose to share it; but we don't have to be embarassed or ashamed of it. I remember having a girlfriend who was sexually aroused by watching men's gymnastics or all those tallented/flexible men in the Cirque de Soliel; but who wouldn't even consider going to bed w/ a man. My own girlfriend is often aroused by many sights and sounds out in public and will just remain true to me. So she'll call me, from time to time; announcing that she "needs to be 'serviced' right away"!!!!! I know better than to keep her waiting long....... and that is why we do so well together, too. Honesty & Communication are essential! You'd be surprised how many lesbians identify w/ sex on so many different levels, in their mind and with their body. It is certainly possible to like and even love men without ever wanting to make love to them. Likewise it is possible to enjoy the act of sex w/ a man (my humble non-experienced opinion only) without being "In Love" w/ men. Sex is sex and Love is love and they don't always come together. Just my 2 cents.

I do hope more women have a few words to share on this subject.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take; but by the things that take our breath away....... !

When faced w/ two evils; I usually pick the one I haven't tried before. - Mae West

tangel

• Members
  • 9 posts
That's an interesting question.

I've looked at guys before, and for a long time I thought I was bi... but I don't think that's the case anymore. I like to look at guys, yeah, but that enjoyment stops when the guy's clothes come off. I think it's fairly common, not unlike the way gay guys will admire an attractive woman.

of course, being a pre-op transgirl has a way of coloring such things. twenty years of life trying to be a guy... having seen guys in the locker room in junior high and high school may be affecting my perception of the matter.

PromiseTomorrow

• Members
  • 16 posts
Okay sweet. I don't feel so weird now! :-D Thanks a lot girlies, you always make me feel better!
www.myspace.com/theraginghopeful

"Are you a lesbian?" - a heckler
"Are you my alternative?" - Florynce Kennedy

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer."
~Robin Tyler

Julia

• Members
  • 2 posts
It is really releaving to here that other lesbians also think about guys sometimes. I've been wondering if I might be bi, but I really have no desire to actually date a man. Some of my "friends" have been giving me a hard time because I don't "look like a lesbian" (whatever that means).

Peppermint Patty

• Members
  • 2 posts
My theory is that because we, as humans, are visual beings, when we see a man tuned on, that picture goes right to our limbic system, which is what gives us our sexual drive. And that picture is a turn on, therefore some women are turned on because of the sight of someone being turned on, whether it is male or female. Males are just more obvious. When we look at women there is nothing obvious that tells us that she is turned on, so some women who are largely attracted to women find naked men, who are turned on, a sexual turn on.
Does that make sense to anyone?

AmiDenise

• Members
  • 58 posts
makes perfect sense to me peppermint patty.
One should no more deplore homosexuality than left-handedness. ~Towards a Quaker View of Sex, 1964

(As a left-handed lesbian, I'm particularly fond of this quote.)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Google