Lesbians who look at men!

43 replies to this topic

Krissy27

• Members
  • 7 posts
I have always described bisexuality as attraction andpurely such. Ie I feel if someone is bisexual it has no definitive bearing on who they date. In my case I am bi--but partly due to many many past issues with men, and violent flashbacks sometimes even when I just think of doing things with a man--- I tend to only date women, I need a tenderness from someone I date and I have found this primarily from women, I want to say I don't rule out something with a man in the future--but I'll be honest, even for a 5 foot 10 girl built like a brick shithouse I am scared of men. I ahve massive difficulty sleeping in the same room with one. I'm not a man hating elsbian by any stretch---but David Duchovny isn't going to sweep me off my feet anytime soon so I tend to stay with the lesbian side of my sexuality....

androidlove

• Members
  • 3 posts
I can't say I've ever been sexually turned on by a man, but I won't deny that some are attractive. I've had many a crush on men, but they've only been the "Omgawd, he's pretty" ones. You know, those crushes you get when you're eight and have no idea what sex or love is? Yeah. Odd visualizations just came from that. O.o

I think it's natural. Straight men will acknowledge that another man is good looking, just like straight women will do the same with another woman. It's appreciating the human figure. And if you feel something from it, that's normal too. It's some innate trait we have.

But yeah, I consider myself a lesbian. No desire to be with a man at all, but I do like to look at them.

jadezel

• Members
  • 1 posts
Well i'm pretty much the opposite of everyone here. I have been married to man for 8 years. I have slept with a few men in my life but only because that was the way i was raised, you were supposed to be with a man, get married and have children. The thing is a man has never turned me on or done anything for me. Allmy fantasies involve women and looking a naked man does not turn me on at all. That is why i'm here need to find out if i'm just with the wrong sex.

frozenillusion

• Members
  • 14 posts

It is really releaving to here that other lesbians also think about guys sometimes. I've been wondering if I might be bi, but I really have no desire to actually date a man. Some of my "friends" have been giving me a hard time because I don't "look like a lesbian" (whatever that means).

I have exactly that same problem, Julia. Apparently I'm "too much of a girl". For some reason there are a lot of straight people out there who thunks that a gay person will behave/look like someone from the opposite sex... But then, in a way I kinda like the fact that I just pass for straight cause generally I think that if people don't need to know about my sexuality, then it's none of their business. Besides, never met a gay person who wasn't able to figure me out pretty darn quick, so it doesn't make me question my sexuality at all! :wink:

Anyhow, to answer the actual thread question, I do find men attractive at times too, but I would never even consider kissing a man. Any thought of intimacy with a man does squick me out. I did have a longterm boyfriend in school though whom I did kiss and came to care for very much, but funilly enough it turns out he's gay too, so it now feels like we were just two closeted people just seeking solace in eachother.... ahem, well. :oops: But it was a positive thing, I guess, cause it did mean that I never had to go through the whole having sex with a man thing...

But I'm going off on an total tangent now! What I was gonna say was that I read somewhere that scientists have found that somewhere just over 80% of us have bisexual tendencies, whether we conscider ourselves straight or gay (well, that includes people who identify themselves as bi too). Although I must say that while I at times enjoy flirting with guys (if they initiate it), I have never actually fantasised about them or about being with one. I won't rule out the possibility of me doing so in the future, but I do find it very unlikely that I'll ever actually have sex with a man.

I must say though, it was nice to know that other gay women look at men and still don't identify as bi, after having so many protests from various people that I must be. I think perhaps I do bring that on by actually flirting with guy but, in fairness, when we go to "straight places" who am I gonna flirt with if not guys?! I'm a very flirtacious person so I'd say it's only natural. :P Besides, as a said, if I can pass of as being straight, I don't really take it as a negative per se.

*steps off her soap box* Better get ready for work instead of blabbering on here....
"Love feeleth no burden, thinketh nothing of labours, attempteth what is above its strength, pleadeth no excuse of impossibility; for it thinketh all things possible for itself and all things lawful." - Thomas A. Kempis

carebear92582

• Members
  • 1 posts
We are all attracted to attractive people...at least i am. if i find a persons personality attractive i usually end up finding them attractive. for me, i dont think its so much about gender as it is about who the person is. I dont think it really matters what we all call ourselves...its more about being human and finding other humans attractive. We are all different so i guess i dont understand the need to identify as gay, bi, straight poly etc. In a world where we have to do this i try to see myself as carrie....no more no less. :P
"I became insane with horrible intervals of sanity" E.A. Poe
"The weak cannot forgive, Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi

muziqchica

• Members
  • 7 posts
I have to say this is such an amazing website!! I really feel so much better after reading these postings, that I'm not the only one who thinks like this.... It's nice not to feel alone :D

kwall

• Members
  • 4 posts
I am a full fledge butch lesbian who won't think twice about a man in bed, but I've almost always had a strange attraction to a built up mans body. I don't want it or anything, I just don't mind looking? :?
:D

spencer101

• Members
  • 3 posts
I am just plain queer, I guess. There's no other way to put it. I am totally into women...which is a no-brainer, I guess, otherwise I wouldn't be here. I don't really click wih the guys. I can't explain it, but being that I'm stubborn, I won't label myself as a lesbian.

dizzyspells

• Members
  • 6 posts

We are all attracted to attractive people...at least i am. if i find a persons personality attractive i usually end up finding them attractive. for me, i dont think its so much about gender as it is about who the person is. I dont think it really matters what we all call ourselves...its more about being human and finding other humans attractive. We are all different so i guess i dont understand the need to identify as gay, bi, straight poly etc. In a world where we have to do this i try to see myself as carrie....no more no less. :P

ditto.
If you don't live it, it won't come out of your horn.

Charlie Parker

Kuuipo

• Members
  • 8 posts
If all the men on earth disappeared it would probabley take me a week to notice. I'm a gold star....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users