Philadelphia, PA

11 replies to this topic

Lise441

• Members
  • 162 posts
Sister's Nightclub is the only lesbian bar in the city. If you can handle cliques and drama haven then this is your place, but if you're like me and you shy away from places like that then you should try...

Shampoo Nightclub on Friday night it's GLBT night. If you want to go to a real nightclub then this is your spot. There is also a VIP Guestlist you can be put on to get yourself and a group of friends in for free! They also have drag shows and every first Friday you get in for free. Oh and did I forget to mention that all drinks are only $2.00. Then there's...

Woody's Wednesday nights have become very popular and there tends to be a much larger crowd there. It's a GLBT club and it's great. $5.00 gets you in the door with ID.

If anyone has any other places please tell. I'm dying to check out a new spot.[/b]

BauboBBW

• Members
  • 39 posts
U got that right about Sister's!!! :lol:
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
"Don't compromise yourself, you're all you've got..." - Janis Joplin

Lise441

• Members
  • 162 posts
Hey, I didn't know you were in Philly :D One of my friends told me about Libations (I think it's the name). I've never been there, but if you know about it give me some info and I might be persuaded to check it out, but for now my hang out spot is Shampoo on Friday nights.
Sometimes you stand on the edge of a cliff and you jump. You jump because you're tired of being scared. Sometimes you jump just to feel the fall

BauboBBW

• Members
  • 39 posts
Unfortunately, I don't know much 'bout it....however, i've been told that it's really a butch/femme haven. Not 'xactly the place for me....as I don't neatly fit any "category"....I still may wind up going soon.....I'll email ya if i do.....

Lise441

• Members
  • 162 posts
It sounds like Sister's and bet the drama and cliques are high and rampant there. Thanks for the info, but I'll stick to Shampoo, besides it's a mixed crowd and a REAL club. If I know of any other places or come across one I will definately let you know. I'm also on the look out for Lesbian social groups that actually have some diversity in terms of race because what I ave seen so far is not appealing to me. Philly is kind of a drag for lesbians but hopefully we can liven it up :wink:
Sometimes you stand on the edge of a cliff and you jump. You jump because you're tired of being scared. Sometimes you jump just to feel the fall

BauboBBW

• Members
  • 39 posts
i know what u mean....i prefer diverse crowds myself....i may be going to shampoo very soon....as i've yet to use a pass that i won!!! :)

Lise441

• Members
  • 162 posts
I think you may enjoy Shampoo and if you go this Friday it's free and Brittany Lynn does her drag mafia show which is cool. Will and Steve are the best bartenders. If I'm not too tired after work I may get all sexy and go out for the night. So far I have yet to find any other GLBT clubs in this city. Am I crazy to expect Philadelphia to have a better variety? Has the Phila GLBT scene moved to another city and I haven't been informed? :roll:

BauboBBW

• Members
  • 39 posts
Believe it or not....

I've been checking out Sisters (gasp!) for the last 3 weeks or so during Friday nite Happy Hour....it's been kinda OK....just need to bring your friends with ya!!!

If you're inclined to meet up some Friday nite for a drink....lemme know....it's always nice to see meet other like-minded individuals in Philly....

Also, I hang out at a coffee spot in CC....it's called Crimson Moon (on 20th & Sansom)....owned by a sistah!!!

Lise441

• Members
  • 162 posts
Shampoo on Sunday Nights is hot, it's more like a rave kind of thing but the same crowd that is there during their GLBT night is there Sunday night. I'm going to check it out Sunday night (if the snow clears :roll: ) as I have not been there in about 2 years on a Sunday. Enjoy!

joliesangel

• Members
  • 5 posts
unfortunately, crimson moon is no longer with us. bummer *pouts*
party like its 1989!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users