"Check-In" from the Fat or Size-Positive Lesbians

61 replies to this topic

BauboBBW

• Members
  • 39 posts
Pleeeeeze???

I'll be the first to raise my hand!!! :roll:

*sigh*

I'm asking 'cos I would really like to know if we are just as bad as the hets when it comes to rediculing and ostracizing those who are not athletic or model-babe types....

Why or why not???
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
"Don't compromise yourself, you're all you've got..." - Janis Joplin

Mortalum

• Members
  • 20 posts
I'm definatly not a small girl and I'm attracted to women of all sizes. My first girlfriend and the girl I'm talking to now are both bigger but I'm past seeing size. I'd like to know what some of the smaller girls think about the bigger girls too.
May women rule the world. - Kurt Cobain

blueyez

• Members
  • 8 posts
I am attracted to all sizes of woman,for me it's not what you see on the outside but more of what she is like on the inside,if she makes me happy then i don't care what size she is.I am what ppl say an "average" size(whatever that is ?)but i would hope someone wouldn't just pass me over if i was either too small or too large for them but let themselves get to know the real me.

Lise441

• Members
  • 162 posts
I am not into stick thin women, and for me anyone below a size 8/10 is too thin. I like a woman with some kind of weight on her besides that adds that special something to the beautiful sensual curves of a woman's body. I think women who only want to date stick figures have fallen into that hetero male mentality that thin is sexy, but to me thin women aren't attractive. How can you be attracted to someone who looks like a jewelry draped skeleton? :roll:
Sometimes you stand on the edge of a cliff and you jump. You jump because you're tired of being scared. Sometimes you jump just to feel the fall

BauboBBW

• Members
  • 39 posts
for your thoughtful replies....

y'know, i hate to say this but it seems that lesbians/bi-womyn can be just as judgemental/body phobic as straight men when it comes to women....

ugh....perhaps i should forget about being with another womon (tho' i love 'em and are fiercely attracted to 'em)....i truly miss being intimate (not just sexual)...cuddlin', kissin' and such....

i hate the thought of dating a... man...*shudder*....even worse, the sexual part....'cos, sooner or later, that's what it all comes down to....

Masuza

• Members
  • 7 posts
You know, I'll admit it...I used to be very superficial about women's bodies and if they didn't fit this perfect stereotype in my head then I would dismiss them. If you didn't look like Angelina Jolie then that was it! You know...thin, dark haired, you're basic freaking nightmare! LOL
Then I met Michelle. She was a tall blonde with a very "Mother Earth" figure. Vuloptuous all around. And let me tell you, I loved her soft curves. After years of only being with thin women and the like it was nice to curl up next to someone who's bones didn't stab you. We were together for five years. Now because of her I wouldn't judge somebody by their physical appearance. She was the most beautiful woman I have ever known, even if initially she wasn't what I "thought" was my ideal.

PS Angelina, if you're reading this, I still love you baby! Haha!
People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid. -Kierkegaard

Lise441

• Members
  • 162 posts
BauboBBW, you're right about lesbian/bi women being just as immersed in this "thin is in" epidemic as hetero men, sometimes even more. I guess people get this image of this perfect person in their head or a movie star/model image that they want their potential mates to be and if you don't fit the mold, even though you are a good person who has their shit together, they will overlook you. It's a shame that there are shallow and superficial people out there, but I still like to believe that there are still sane, sensible, and together people like you out there.
Sometimes you stand on the edge of a cliff and you jump. You jump because you're tired of being scared. Sometimes you jump just to feel the fall

AmiDenise

• Members
  • 58 posts
i have to say that from the first girl that i was attracted to, i liked larger women. i love the softness of the skin and the warmth of the touch.

that said, the most beautiful thing about a woman is confidence, in herself and the way she looks. whether she's a size 2 or 22, the glow of self-confidence attracts me more than anything else.

oh yeah, i'm a boob woman... if i'm just looking to be oggling, i love a nice rack.

but without personality and confidence, the best boobs in the world are just decoration.

that's my biased opinion. what's yours?
One should no more deplore homosexuality than left-handedness. ~Towards a Quaker View of Sex, 1964

(As a left-handed lesbian, I'm particularly fond of this quote.)

BauboBBW

• Members
  • 39 posts
thanx..... :mrgreen:

i gotta keep on pushin'.....i'll find her eventually....and, in the meantime, hopefully i can find some friends to make this journey called life a little easier....

:mrgreen:

roo

• Members
  • 33 posts
For me, it isn't looks, exactly. I think many place too much emphasis on them. In many instances, looks are, however, what first attracts me. But, if there is no personality there that I can deal with, then she's like waxed fruit; nice to look at, but useless for anything else, lol.

I have become attracted to, and involved with, women whom
I initially thought were unattractive. Because I was able to hang out with them long enough, I got to know their personality. If the personality clicked, then I started to find them more and more attractive. If I ended up dating someone whom I first thought was not too good looking, she ended up being beautiful to me.

If I could build my own woman, she would be shorter than me (I'm 5'5"); weight proprtional to height (I have been with heavy women and love it); both pretty and cute at the same time; short, dark hair; and younger (mid twenties, or so). She would be intelligent, have a good sense of humor, be funny, be loving and romantic, and be open-minded. She would be stable and know what she wanted out of live. OK, now that I've described her, you know anyone who fits that description? LOL

We can say what we want about gay women and hetero males, but let's not forget that straight women and gay men do the same thing. A lot of gay men in my area like what they refer to as twinky boys. They are slender, young guys who are cutesy. If a guy is large, he doesn't have much of a chance around here. I also have listened to straight females say they would not go out with guys who are large, have acne, or just don't look a certain way. I do, however, think women are a little less judgemental than men.

I don't tend to care much for scrawny women or those who are 500lbs or so, but larger is nice and soft (I'm no stick myself). I am like you, AmiDenise, in that I also like boobs. I like small to medium boobs (I have large ones and don't need another pair flopping around in my face, lol).

There are some anthropologists (there I go with the anthros again. I have a BA in anthro) who believe that looks used to play an important roll for humans. They do with other animals. You would not want to mate with another one of your kind if that one had undesireable traits, like being small or not having certain colors, etc. Mating with the big, strong ones gives your genes a better chance of surviving. Even though we like to think we are beyond all that, it has not evolved out of us yet. Each of us has our own idea of what looks acceptable for us to mate with. Even if we know it does not matter (with modern technology, we can overcome a lot), or if we don't plan on passing on our genes, or can't (being gay), it is still programmed into our natures.

Many of us try to not be bothered with it (I try as much as I can), but we all have met with someone who, despite being wonderful, is so ugly we just can't get by it. I had a friend in college who happens to be the nicest person. She is intelligent and a lot of fun. Personality-wise, she is a great catch. She is soooo unattractive, I could never see myself with her. Even I can't get by it totally.

Yeah, I did say we place too much on looks then said it's in our nature to do so. But I believe many of us can get by this by realizing why we do what we do and trying to change it (if possible). For some people, it may not be possible.

Maybe some of us have evolved more than others.
A good woman is like a good book: you'll want to get lost in both for hours and be much the wiser for it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users