"Check-In" from the Fat or Size-Positive Lesbians

61 replies to this topic

phoenix99

• Members
  • 65 posts
To be honest, I have only had one girlfriend and she was tiny (size 0) and I used to say ew gross when I saw women that small, and now, I don't think that.

I'm attracted to all sizes and body types, it's really personality that attracts me. Someone who is fun, and knows who she is, and is comfortable is much more beautiful than any body type. Confidence is what I look for.

Though, I am not small, and am a little overweight, so I am paranoid that others will shut me down just for that reason. I would hope that wouldn't happen, but people can be looks oriented.
------------------------------------
But he that dares not grasp the thorn
Should never crave the rose.
- Anne Bronte, "The Narrow Way"

mercurybebe

• Members
  • 4 posts
Hello Everyone,

I am new to this board and I thought this was a great discussion. I have been a big girl since about 2 years after coming out and while I have lost a lot of weight since my all-time high of 310, I still find myself "feeling" like I am that big. I was with one girl for 8 years and I have dated on and off for a couple of years since then, but nothing serious.

I have definately encountered issues because of my size but I figure that comes with the territory of dating no matter what. I think the only thing that I can do is be confident in who I am and the fact that I am a great woman! :D

phoenix99

• Members
  • 65 posts
You are so right Mercury, about being confident. Someone will like you for you, and that's all you can hope for. I know I cross my fingers for that :)

Plus, confidence is sexy.

mercurybebe

• Members
  • 4 posts
Phoenix,

I agree that confidence is sexy...which is why I try to have it! I dont always succeed. I think the bottom line is that if you dont find yourself beautiful and worthy of love then how can you expect your girlfriend to? And besides that, there is no reason to "settle" for someone who you may not find attractive or whatever just because they dont mind your size...I've known quite a few heavy women who think and act this way...most of them are straight though. Its like they are grateful that ANY man will show them love, no matter if he is a total jerk or whatever.

Not me...I fully expect a great, sarcastic, funny, sweet, caring and beautiful woman to sweep me off my feet one of these days. 8)

Tracy/femme

• Members
  • 34 posts
I found most lesbians( espesially butch girls) like a little fluff on a chick. When I first came out in the 80's what a blast it was to be away from men and their expectations. I think we are much more accepting. I use that as a recruitment point when talking to potential femme lesbians. There are some really miserable femmes trying to date men...yuck . Poor babys may never have an orgasm :wink:

phoenix99

• Members
  • 65 posts
I agree, that as a whole, the lesbian community is a bit more accepting of different body types. Although, I have come across many that are just looking for the same barbie doll type that men are after. Maybe I just haven't been around enough :)

I also love femme women, but I'm finding that most femme women are also into femme women, which I, so very obviously, am not. Sad. Though, again, I just may have not been around enough.

PromiseTomorrow

• Members
  • 16 posts
To Phoenix: Haha, I tried to IM you but no response. Anyways!! Just wanted to let you know that most women consider me femme and well... I LOVE my butchy studs! Trust me, there are plently of femmes out there who love a strong, stacked female. Just wanted to show you some love!
www.myspace.com/theraginghopeful

"Are you a lesbian?" - a heckler
"Are you my alternative?" - Florynce Kennedy

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer."
~Robin Tyler

phoenix99

• Members
  • 65 posts
Knew there had to be some out there! Woo hoo!

Now, I just have to find some people who like trans folks.

Tracy/femme

• Members
  • 34 posts
have you all ever noticed how big breasted butch women wear their breasts in a different shape than femmes? Back when ,...they used to bind them down completely. I think some one should design undergarments just for them. Th femme boys wear special underwear to change their appearance. I wear a push up bra and a girdle if I need it. I can see it now butch briefs...and wife beater sports bras. God I love those butches.

phoenix99

• Members
  • 65 posts
Well, I bind myself. Completely and totally all the time unless my ribs hurt excruciatingly bad then I take a break. Of course, I do that because I don't want them and am just waiting for the op.

Of course, for those who don't want to bind completely, but do want more "control" so to speak, a new line could definitely work, good thinking Tracy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users