Christmas

12 replies to this topic

Lise441

• Members
  • 162 posts
Is it me or does anyone else feel like they're falling into the same routine year after year? The only difference is one of my aunts announced she was getting married so now instead of talking about xmas gifts and things alike we started planning a wedding...weird twist. Other than that I can say this year was okay, but I plan to be somewhere warm like the Turks and Caicos next xmas...How was your xmas?
Sometimes you stand on the edge of a cliff and you jump. You jump because you're tired of being scared. Sometimes you jump just to feel the fall

AmiDenise

• Members
  • 58 posts
i haven't had an ordinary christmas in many years. i miss the christmases of my childhood where we opened gifts at home, then traveled from one relatives house to another.

the christmas routine for me has been missing something. i'm moving back home this summer and am looking forward to next christmas with extreme gusto.

i hope that your next christmas is as much what your looking for as mine will hopefully be.

now for the next holiday...

Happy new year!
One should no more deplore homosexuality than left-handedness. ~Towards a Quaker View of Sex, 1964

(As a left-handed lesbian, I'm particularly fond of this quote.)

monteen

• Members
  • 31 posts
I'm such a scrooge. The holiday is always about money and it always comes down to what my family doesn't have. No matter what we do, everyone seems unsatisfied. I, for one, prefer Thanksgiving because my whole family feels content with what we have then.

And this holiday totally sucked because I just found out today that Godiva discontinued their key lime truffle. *whine*

BauboBBW

• Members
  • 39 posts
my xmas was rather depressing....

moma really doesn't get into it as much, since most of the fam has passed over now.....

i lost a temp gig (basically, i didn't join in their pollyanna - so it was payback)....no money....

i just keep lighting candles and seeking the goddess.....not to mention my sanity.....
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
"Don't compromise yourself, you're all you've got..." - Janis Joplin

AmiDenise

• Members
  • 58 posts
sorry to hear that your xmas was depressing...

maybe they'll be a beautiful princess waiting for you when the ball drops at midnight.
One should no more deplore homosexuality than left-handedness. ~Towards a Quaker View of Sex, 1964

AmiDenise

• Members
  • 58 posts
last post sounded a lot like a cheap pick up line, considering my pic... :oops:

wasn't intended that way, but if you like, then that's ok too.

:D

BauboBBW

• Members
  • 39 posts
u ain't right..... :lol:

hopefully, there will be....
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
"Don't compromise yourself, you're all you've got..." - Janis Joplin

phoenix99

• Members
  • 65 posts
Well, it's that time of year again.

Here's to finding last minute gifts. Getting Christmas cards out on time. Eating lots of yummy food. Having good, or bad, moments with family and friends.

As for me, I'll be working Christmas Eve, Christmas, and New Years, so send me some family cheer :)

Happy Christmas everyone!!
------------------------------------
But he that dares not grasp the thorn
Should never crave the rose.
- Anne Bronte, "The Narrow Way"

iggy

• Posting Members (3 or more)
  • 56 posts
Christmas has always been my favorite holiday why do I feel so sad this year? Can't get into the holiday spirit. I need help Santa. Dear Santa, for Christmas this year I would like just one day with my therapist at the Cape. :wink:N

darlingnaget

• Members
  • 3 posts
I really got into the christmas thing a couple years ago; it was a lot of fun... since then, money has been tight, and we're just happy to still be together and functioning as a family... the thing about christmas that sucks is that if you're really, really broke, it's all just a reminder of how broke you are. Thank god for family.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users