New Years Eve and New Years Resolutions

5 replies to this topic

Lise441

• Members
  • 162 posts
How are you going to ring in the New Year?

I have several options, I can party it up at a club, go to a 1970's theme party, or I can go bowling with a group of friends. As of now my plans are up in the air but I hope someone/something pulls me their way.

What's your new years resolution(s)?
Sometimes you stand on the edge of a cliff and you jump. You jump because you're tired of being scared. Sometimes you jump just to feel the fall

AmiDenise

• Members
  • 58 posts
i've been invited to a neighbor's house for a bonfire... might be fun... my other half will be working, so i'm not overly enthused about the holiday itself. i'm very excited about the new year though.

new year's resolutions:
to put myself first more often than i usually do. i'm notorious for setting aside what i want in favor of what someone else wants to please them. can be a bit draining if others aren't of like minds.

be honest with myself - good, bad or indifferent. accepting that i'm a lesbian was a big step for me this year. that was a big step, so it should be easier from here.

hope your new years is fabulous!
One should no more deplore homosexuality than left-handedness. ~Towards a Quaker View of Sex, 1964

(As a left-handed lesbian, I'm particularly fond of this quote.)

Mortalum

• Members
  • 20 posts
Work work and more work, but only until 9. After that I have no idea. I kind of just want to stay in and watch movies with my friend that could be more than friends but her gf just dumped her etc etc...

As for resolutions I haven't really thought about it. I know everyone says they're going to lose weight, which I know I'm going to do, but its such a cliche now. I guess to just calm down, worry less, and focus more on my flims and photography.

Everyone have a safe and happy new year. :)
May women rule the world. - Kurt Cobain

kahloeyes

• Members
  • 43 posts
{lol, I really need to get back to work, but wanted to add something here}

I used to do the New Year Resolutions ritual, never kept them, lol, but wrote my little list down, etc...then one year, I read Anais Nin's Diaries (book) and she said that she wrote down a list of all the things she had accomplished the past year, and how positive that was, etc...

so I started to do that instead, and it Worked! I was really surprised at all the things I had gotten done, accomplished, and/or the good things that happened that past year, etc., and I found that instead of looking at the New Year in a kind of negative means, like the I need to do this or need to do that, etc., always with that sort of set up for failure type cloud hanging over my head feeling...

that writing down the good things that had occurred or been done, left me with a positive outlook for the New Year...and a good feeling, one of hope, etc.

Well, this year its been sort of hard because it was a sad beginning -- with the Tsunami -- so while I have done the usual list of past deeds, I have also taken a hard look at the people in my life and reflected on just how important it is to let them know that they are special to me, that they are special period. Its so easy to get wrapped up in our selves, problems, needs, etc., meanwhile not considering that in a moment everything can change.

Watching the reports on the casualties is so sad, some villages have been wiped completely out (believe death tolls now is 140,000 and they are still finding bodies, and many areas they haven't been able to get aid to, children being forced into prostitution because of hunger, families that have lost all their family members,etc).

So, it really does make you think...especially about things that are completely out of our control. I'm thankful to have found this forum (found it btw doing research, funny how you can stumble onto things), but reading the posts here, meeting all of you in cyber land, well, its just nice to meet other women who are going through similar and not so similar situations, feelings, etc.,

visited some other forums before, and with the exception of two others (they are political forums) have to say that this is one that the posters are interesting to read, alot of gifted women here and interesting opinions.

Hope everyone's year and following years are good ones.
"Both the oppressed classes, women and the immediate producers, must understand that their emancipation will come from themselves. Women will find allies in the better sort of men, But the one has nothing to hope from man as a whole" Eleanor Marx

blacklesbian

• Members
  • 32 posts
My resolution is to get back to my weight loss goals, and have more sex with myself.

ladyk

• Members
  • 14 posts

My resolution is to get back to my weight loss goals, and have more sex with myself.

here here. need any help? *grin*

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users