Modeling, Anyone?

11 replies to this topic

Lise441

• Members
  • 162 posts
I'm just curious about how many of you ladies have gotten into modeling, if so what division, and if not what are your thoughts on it. Did you ever want to model?

I was advised a few days ago by a photographer to get involved with commercial print modeling. I just want to know what others think if they have done it or not :roll:
Sometimes you stand on the edge of a cliff and you jump. You jump because you're tired of being scared. Sometimes you jump just to feel the fall

blacklesbian

• Members
  • 32 posts
LOL...this question is funny coming from someone who is like 6 feet tall.:lol: Just kidding, I'm to short to model, but because I live in the hottest borough in NY, I dress to kill...after my education, and pussy that is what I live for. The Fashion Institute in NY (the same school Donna Karen went to), is really active within the lesbian and gay community...so if you ever have the chance of going to one of their parties or functions..you will come across the baddest dressed lesbian and gay people outside of Japan...I don't think that we can all model, but we can participate in creating our own styles to make up for it. And another thing is that my hair is a big issue with photographers who are not sensitive to African hairstyles and fashions.

Lise441

• Members
  • 162 posts
Wow sounds great! Anyone can do commercial print modeling because there are no height requirements, although some advertisers/comapnys prefer 5'7" women. I have a friend who is going to FIT in the fall and she's excited because she's also applying for this position as Betsy Johnson's intern. I love fashion think it's great, but I'm not the runway type as I love to pose in front of a camera :)
Sometimes you stand on the edge of a cliff and you jump. You jump because you're tired of being scared. Sometimes you jump just to feel the fall

Mortalum

• Members
  • 20 posts
Modeling, no. But you'll find me behind the camera :) I love models that don't need much direction.
May women rule the world. - Kurt Cobain

Billie

• Members
  • 3 posts
i've always wanted to model... but im too too short!

BRENNIVINCHICK27

• Members
  • 24 posts
I AM THICK OK IM FAT LOL BUT I WOULDNT MIND MODELING FOR LIKE HOT TOPIC OR SOMETHING CAUSE I RULE LOL :twisted:
*If The Only Possible Way We Can Be Together Is In My Dreams..Then I'll Sleep Forever*

Boudicca

• Members
  • 35 posts
I've done erotic modeling on http://www.nyghtfalcon.com/ and it was SOOOO liberating. I now want to get into fetish work and Falcon's eager to pursue this as well. Please do visit his website. He does GORGEOUS work. - Lara
My barn having burned to the ground, I can now see the moon .... Author Unknown

Lise441

• Members
  • 162 posts
I just finished doing a Vargas Girl shoot for a photographer friend on mine and it was fun, but the corsets are hell :x At first I was not sure about doing it because I wasn't familar with Vargas and his girls. I was ready to bail just based on the clothing ideas he threw at me but once he pulled the classic pics I was all for it. They're great and I actually love my pictures.

Boudicca

• Members
  • 35 posts

I just finished doing a Vargas Girl shoot for a photographer friend on mine and it was fun, but the corsets are hell :x At first I was not sure about doing it because I wasn't familar with Vargas and his girls. I was ready to bail just based on the clothing ideas he threw at me but once he pulled the classic pics I was all for it. They're great and I actually love my pictures.

I love Vargas, ever since I saw the cover of The Cars album "Candy-O". In general, I love cheesecake anyway. - Lara
My barn having burned to the ground, I can now see the moon .... Author Unknown

Belle Soft Stud

• Members
  • 9 posts
I don't model - thought about it and even went to an agency but I don't see too many androgynous looking models out there unless they are specifically modeling within the GLBT community (there are a few exceptions but not many).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users