butch on butch (vs. butch and femme)

6 replies to this topic

ilikethedark3

• Members
  • 2 posts
I am a middle-aged butch womyn who has a very definate thing for other butch wimmin. I search for places to celebrate my interests, but all the sites I have purused thus far focus on the butch-femme pairing, mimmicking the on/off duality of the straight world, which i find limiting. Does anyone have suggestions on which sites I may visit?

Babylove19

• Members
  • 1 posts
I can agree with you on that. Becaue I can't seem to find a person that is right for my Love butchs. I know i'm a butch but I love butchs and femmes. I think that I'm confusing you. Lets just say that I like both parties.
love is not a game

SweetSmokey

• Members
  • 1 posts
I agree completely, I'm butch, and I prefer butchies... I haven't found any good places to go online either... would certainly be nice to find some sort of community feeling for us...

lesbotronic

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 191 posts

I agree completely, I'm butch, and I prefer butchies... I haven't found any good places to go online either... would certainly be nice to find some sort of community feeling for us...

Don't know exactly what y'all mean by "good places to go online," but it's entirely possible to sign up for our personals, identify yourself as butch and then also specify that you want to be matched only with other women also identifying as butch. Has been for quite a while now. And/or if discussion is what you're looking for, feel free to continue discussing right here in the forum. Nobody's stopping you, in fact, please feel free to take this as official encouragement!

(I'm not contributing to the the butch on butch conversation personally at the moment because I'm not butch.) :)

Aikidyke

• Members
  • 10 posts
I am definitely a dyke who'd be considered more butch and I prefer butches myself. I had a great discussion with a friend, who has also been a lover at times. We both surmised that it was not about the label, but feeling the attraction for a dyke who exudes a similar experience of moving through the world.

As far as "where to go online" well as our wondrous webmistress has pointed out, the lesbotronic personals are a good start (I am have no association with this site, so that's a free and unbiased recommendation) :D

I have also visited Plenty Of Fish and had some connections happen there, but it is not lesbian specific. It is a melange of everyone, but like here you can be specific in who you want to contact you.

Enigmatic

• Posting Members (3 or more)
  • 9 posts
The only other place I can think of is OKcupid. Fill out a bio, put up a picture of yourself, and answer some multiple choice questions. It's simple, and you'll find plenty of interesting enough people.

The thing is, the people OKcupid's supposed "matching algorithm" will put you with not just butches but also femmes. Do a site search there with the "butch" tag might yield more results there.

Julz

• Posting Members (3 or more)
  • 14 posts
Though I'm open to the whole spectrum, I've always been attracted to other butch's . Back in the day my friend called some of the femmes 'tuff puffs' lol. I like them too. Just something about them , I guess it's common ground. Maybe it's the fiesty spirit not sure, but it sure gets my attention!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users