heya heya

4 replies to this topic

Jen

• Members
  • 2 posts
Hi, I'm Jen, a goofy nerd girlie new to the forum & it looks like good fun. I'm here to meet some new folks, make new friends & who knows whatever else. I'm in the Maryland-DC area, freezing my ass off, working full-time and studying part-time. Damn, I wish it was the other way around. I love my classes and look forward to doing grad work in language & translation.

It's sooo cold out here and I cannot wait for spring...it's been too long since I frolicked...and I've never considered myself the 'frolicking' type of girl...

Carrie

• Members
  • 43 posts
welcome jen!

I'm a student outside of DC, studying a foreign language so it sounds like we have some things in common :) should make for interesting conversation. try to stay warm! only one more week of nasty winter weather hopefully!
--Carrie
"Where are you now? I'm trying to get by with never knowing at all. What is the chance of finding you out there? Or do I have to wait forever?"
~Michelle Branch

Jen

• Members
  • 2 posts
Carrie-

Ooooh what language? Me, french. This summer I'm taking some evening classes to get back to speed on my grammar....ugh...anyway, I'm elated that upper level courses will be offered in the evening, finally! I know that I should've studied Spanish but hey, I've got some distant French cousins and, well, I got inspired. What are you studying?

Warm up soon? That would be nice but Spring seems soooo far away... However, I am beginning to hear the birds chirping again & in the front yard, the daffodils are beginning to push up. As corny as it sounds, it makes my heart flutter a little.

-Jen

Carrie

• Members
  • 43 posts
Jen

-- I study Spanish, along with another major... and I love it! But unfortunately not too many people want to practice it outside classes :?
so its hard to get really good.
Have you ever been to France? I've been to Spain, it was amazing. I really want to go to South America or Mexico now.
Anyway, enjoy this nicer weather we've been having and lets hope it warms up even more! :)
--Carrie
"Where are you now? I'm trying to get by with never knowing at all. What is the chance of finding you out there? Or do I have to wait forever?"
~Michelle Branch

hollabackGIRL

• Members
  • 2 posts
Hey, Jen. I read your post. I like your usage of the word "frolick" - I say that all the time. I have some friends in MD freezing their asses off too. I'm in FL, jealous...?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users