Orbitz commercials?

1 reply to this topic

SweetDreamerM

• Members
  • 7 posts
So have you seen those commercials for Orbitz, the ones set up like a game show with two people competing to book travel reservations? The other day I saw one with a gay couple in it. It was like, "Joe just got a new boyfriend" and had one guy booking his reservations while his bf was all over him. But the smart gay guy used orbitz.com so he was able to do it quickly and he won the game. The portrayal of a gay couple, showing affection, and coming away with the victory! Yay! I was so excited.
Then recently I saw another commercial (was it Orbitz? Can't believe I can't remember). It was also set up like a game show, and a woman was picking her prize. When I saw her I only half-jokingly thought, "wow, she's totally a lesbian." She looked bored with the prizes, until they opened door #3 and revealed a bed (I think that's what they were advertising?) and on it two hot women in lingerie were having a pillowfight. The woman hooted and cheered, and emphatically chose that prize.
Sorry I'm not sure about the specifics, but clearly she was supposed to be a lesbian. Has anybody else seen it? Am I reading too much into it? I'm just surprised at the obvious portrayals of gay people, not in TV shows geared specifically toward gays but in nationwide commercials. Either they don't care about the risk of putting people off or they feel that that risk no longer exists. Definitely a good thing.

mevanz

• Members
  • 3 posts
I've seen the mattress commercial, too.

There's also a commercial for some digital camera (Kodak, I think?), which features a lesbian couple showing off their fixer-upper house to one partner's mother. At least, I think that's what it is; I've only seen it once, but the "Who's the father?" line spoken by the mother (when they lead her into a nursery) doesn't make a lot of sense if it's a husband and wife.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users