Gay pets?

13 replies to this topic

SweetDreamerM

• Members
  • 7 posts
So my beloved kitten, Zoe, is growing up and I think she's discovering her feelings for women. She goes straight for the boobs of all of my female friends, anyway. And I am so proud of her. Haha just thought I'd mention.

Do you guys think that animals actually have a sexual orientation? Anybody have any gay pets?

quiralicious

• Members
  • 4 posts
Hi!

I've seen male monkeys do it with other male monkeys, and my male guinea pig I had years go once humped another male...

I believe that animals are by nature bisexuals... or at any rate "liberated" in their sexuality for their lack of oppressive societies...

Ok... you can call me weird now. :shock:
"She's just eclectic. She never makes a mainstream decision. She marches to the beat of a different drum... or for the near future, that of Pomp & Circumstance."

Lauren

• Members
  • 2 posts

So my beloved kitten, Zoe, is growing up and I think she's discovering her feelings for women. She goes straight for the boobs of all of my female friends, anyway. And I am so proud of her. Haha just thought I'd mention.

Do you guys think that animals actually have a sexual orientation? Anybody have any gay pets?

Hey its lauren. I always wondered the same thing? I think animals can be gay because my dog(boy) always humps on other guys legs. Also, my other two dogs (all boys) hump on each other all the time. Its funny, cause i always sit back and think"If i hear one of them scream, i know why"

BRENNIVINCHICK27

• Members
  • 24 posts
LMAO INTRESTING TOPIC MOST OF MY CAT'S SEEM TO PREFER THE SAME SEX LOVING *LAUGHS* I STILL GOT UM FIXED THO I BELIEVE STRONGLY IN GETTING UR PET'S FIXED .BUT YA WATCHING ANIMALS IS LIKE IT'S OWN LITTLE SOAP OPERA AS THE PAWS TURN :lol:
*If The Only Possible Way We Can Be Together Is In My Dreams..Then I'll Sleep Forever*

bikerbabe

• Members
  • 2 posts
There are two swans in my area and they were discovered to be two females trying to hatch an egg.

Kurupted Innocence

• Members
  • 1 posts
I think my pomeranian and cat are gay. My pom prefers to wear pink...he is a boy dog. His name is Kiddy. If i put blue on him, he freaks. But my cat is like yours...she always goes for the boobs. :P

Renee
Just me...

Marketing Director in the day...

Racer at night...

viletshadow

• Members
  • 9 posts
Actually I think I have mother daughter lesbian cats. The daughter nursed on the mom for a year, lol
*~~V~~*

sleeptodream

• Members
  • 7 posts
From what I've heard, homosexual pair bonds have been seen in almost every species that mates for life. In particular, gay penguins (http://www.sfgate.co...MNG3N4RAV41.DTL) have gotten a lot of publicity in the last few years. Also, many other species that don't mate for life exhibit homosexual behavior, such as bonobos, our close relatives after chimps. Bonobos are very promiscuous, and many don't seem to give a flip either way.

Bio nerd to the rescue!
Mother: He's not the Messiah! He's a very naughty boy! - Monty Python's Life of Brian

frozenillusion

• Members
  • 14 posts
Mmmm... not really gonna put an opinion forward as to if animals have a sexual orientation, and which animals in that case, cause I simply wouldn't know.

But I'll say this much - one must be careful not to mistake dominant behaviour for gay behaviour. In the case of animals like guinea pigs, rabbits, dogs etc. humping is actually a sign of dominance. So, to anyone who has a male dog that humps people's legs, you should teach your dog that it is unacceptable - because a male dog humping you or anyone else in your house is actually a sign that he is trying to take over. If a simple "no" or "down" doesn't work, try to get someone to bang something loud when the dog tries to hump someone, he should soon start to associate the unpleasant sound with his behaviour and should eventually stop. Make sure that once the dog learns to stop his action you reward him as soon as he does so, and NEVER ever hit or kick a dog. (Should be selfexplanatory, really). Right, I know that might have been spoiling everyone's party, but I know someone who let their dog carry on and ended up having real problems with him (he bit strangers coming into the house), so I thought if I could spare others the same situation it would be good. :)

But, going back to the topic of if other animals have sexual orientation... my guess would be that most of them don't simply because they do not feel lust and love the way humans do. Scientifically, the animal that's closest to us when it comes to social interaction and feeling (and also the ONLY other animal which has sex for pleasure!) is the dolphin, so I guess that would be the safest animal to study for such behaviour...? But what do I know, I never did study to be a zoologist! :lol:
"Love feeleth no burden, thinketh nothing of labours, attempteth what is above its strength, pleadeth no excuse of impossibility; for it thinketh all things possible for itself and all things lawful." - Thomas A. Kempis

Ilsa

• Members
  • 6 posts
We have lesbian rabbits. We named them Bonnie and Clyde but Clyde is definately a girl. They are very loving and take turns being on top so I don't think it is a dominance thing. But I am not a zoologist either.
"We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts we make the world" buddha

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users