understanding

1 reply to this topic

Nienna

• Members
  • 4 posts
Blacklesbian, you wrote:

"Parents are usually the ones who fuck their children up. Think: Natural Born Killers (the movie) and how Oliver Stone kept going back and forth into the lives and childhood of Mickey and Mallory. I know its just a movie, but it speaks volumes. Racism, homophobia, fear, all comes from our first teachers who are our parents. I was working with a bunch of kids a while back and the amazing thing is that children don't understand racism, it's when their parents teach them bullshit, that they grow up to hate the unknown...that is just my opinion".

I agree, but let´s keep in mind parents were also children who were "fuck up" by their parents. It takes time, generations, to get rid of all those prejudices. So I think we should try to understand homophobic ppl... There are already enough phobias, so let´s not be homphobic-phobics. I want to be understood by people, so I try to understand people. Dialogue, comunication, more dialogue and more communication... That´s the only cure to our social diseases.

I hope all is well with you.

Take care and be happy.

Nienna

• Members
  • 4 posts
I´m sorry, I dind´t mean to create a new topic. Oooops!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users