College Dating

4 replies to this topic

thoughtsprovoked

• Members
  • 3 posts
Hey all,

I'm a college student, and dating on campus is hard. It seems like when I tell people my sexuality, all the straight girls get interested, thinking I'll turn them out or something. I'm just looking for a nice gay girl. Why is it so hard? It seems like the few out girls on campus are already paired up, and it's hard to strike up conversations with them.

Most of the people I've dated are about five or six older than me. (I'm 19.)

Any other college students, or grads, have some advice for me?

phoenix99

• Members
  • 65 posts
I don't really have any advice, since I don't get the chance to be "out" ever.

But I just wanted to say, I wish someone would be attracted to me, gay, straight, whatever haha.

I'm sure there are a lot of other lesbian girls on your campus, maybe they just aren't out. Who knows, maybe some of those "straight" girls who are into you aren't really straight, but are afraid to come out.
------------------------------------
But he that dares not grasp the thorn
Should never crave the rose.
- Anne Bronte, "The Narrow Way"

NaughtyGirl

• Members
  • 3 posts

But I just wanted to say, I wish someone would be attracted to me, gay, straight, whatever haha.

I'm sure there are a lot of other lesbian girls on your campus, maybe they just aren't out. Who knows, maybe some of those "straight" girls who are into you aren't really straight, but are afraid to come out.

I completely agree on both of these statements... maybe the 'straight girls need a few glasses of wine, a night in front of a good movie (alone with you of course) and then some 'deep talking'... you may be surprised what will happen.

Belle Soft Stud

• Members
  • 9 posts
^^^ Ditto.

I remember my freshman year of college "straight" women were coming out of the wood work. Then I transferred and thought "Where are all of the females?" just take some networking I guess - getting to know others to figure out where the other gay folks are at. Guess I'm not that great at giving advice on this subject because I'm still a little out of the loop at my current university :|

Lise441

• Members
  • 162 posts
It can be hard to find other lesbians on your campus. When I was away at school I joined the only gay/lesbian group on campus but it wasn't my kind of crowd and the group did nothing but party all the time. I believe there is more to gay/lesbian life than hitting up all the clubs. I really dont know what kind of advice I can give you here because I was never into girls in our age group (I'm 21), older women have always had my heart so I always sought women in different settings. If you really want to find a girl on or near campus try finding out if there is a Gay/Lesbian center and maybe you can join some groups there and maybe you'll run into someone there. You never know. I remember that when I played softball various team members were out lesbians, even my coach was an out lesbian. If you're into arts and culture there are plenty of lesbians who enjoy the same things. You might want to try starting your own group, maybe get some girls together on a weekly basis to do things that interest you all. Just put it out there and see what happens. Good Luck :)
Sometimes you stand on the edge of a cliff and you jump. You jump because you're tired of being scared. Sometimes you jump just to feel the fall

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users