Coming out to your kids...

4 replies to this topic

AmiDenise

• Members
  • 58 posts
So, to all the lovely ladies who have come out to their kids...

(1) When did you come out to your kids?
(2) How old were they when you came out to them?
(3) At what point did you know that it was time to tell them?

Obviously, I'm questioning when is the right time to tell them. I'm still in a relationship with their dad, and am not ready to pursue a relationship with a woman, but my interaction with my husband has changed noticably and he's encouraging me to tell them sooner rather than later.

Thoughts? Comments? Helpful advice?
One should no more deplore homosexuality than left-handedness. ~Towards a Quaker View of Sex, 1964

(As a left-handed lesbian, I'm particularly fond of this quote.)

AmiDenise

• Members
  • 58 posts
Sincere apologies for any confusion... Clearly I lost my place in the site and posted to the wrong forum.

Have a terrifc day!
One should no more deplore homosexuality than left-handedness. ~Towards a Quaker View of Sex, 1964

lesbotronic

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 191 posts

Sincere apologies for any confusion... Clearly I lost my place in the site and posted to the wrong forum.

I dunno, sounds like an appropriate question to me. :D Or were you referring to . . . something else, someplace else?

AmiDenise

• Members
  • 58 posts
Guess I thought it probably belonged in the Coming Out section rather than Sexual Identities section.

Whatever works.

Have a terrific day!

Ladyfire

• Members
  • 15 posts
my daughter has had gaydar since she was lil..She is soon to be 16 and is so gay open to my lifestyle...She & i go to Gay Pride every year...She calls it her "Gay for the Day"...i love her sooooooo as her love is also uncondtional...
~Mmmmmm~ Are you butch from head to toe?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users