Serious flirtation?

14 replies to this topic

Poll: Prefer sex or no sex in online flirtations? (5 member(s) have cast votes)

Prefer sex or no sex in online flirtations?

1. I like a more laidback approach (4 votes [80.00%])

Percentage of vote: 80.00%

2. I like a lot of "overtones" in my flirtation (1 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

mimideu

• Members
  • 2 posts
Is that an oxymoron? I like to flirt but don't like the heavy handed sexual overtones of most posts...anybody interested in a "kinder, gentler" play?
Lord, make me chaste (but not yet)...Auden

stafrozio

• Members
  • 4 posts
I like the laid back approach, when someone comes on really strong via flirtation, it is kind of a turn off...almost desperation, like what's the rush?

mimideu

• Members
  • 2 posts
Yes, exactly...why make flirtation a parody of itself? Subtlety is always the best approach -- well at least, pour moi!
Lord, make me chaste (but not yet)...Auden

AmiDenise

• Members
  • 58 posts
I have to say that my favorite form of flirtation is to be so subtle that only on second thought does the flirtee realize that they have been flirted with. Tends to make thoughts of me linger in their mind longer, and bring them back for more conversation, to see if what they thought happened or was occurring was really going on.

In some cases, particularly if I only see this person once or twice a week, I like to keep this going on for as long as possible.

I take pride in getting them to the point where they just come out and ask, or take it to the next level, or back down.

I've been doing this dance with a temp in the building where I work. I see her a couple of days a week, and started "the dance" about a month ago. I think we reached the breaking point this afternoon. If she doesn't back out of the dance (so to speak), I'm going to have to ask her out at this point. She's definitely been an active participant in the dance, and is as masterful at it as I, which I find very intriguing.
One should no more deplore homosexuality than left-handedness. ~Towards a Quaker View of Sex, 1964

(As a left-handed lesbian, I'm particularly fond of this quote.)

magpie

• Members
  • 6 posts
I tottaly agree!

If someone makes me wonder whether they are flirting or just being friendly, it gets me more interested and excited. The time spent wondering is when foreplay really begins. hehehe

Plus, I think when someone is too forward it's a HUGE turn off. For me it's not that the desperation that bothers me but the cockyness. It just makes me uncomfortable.

Maybe I'm shy, but more time and effort that's put into flirting, the better it is when you actually get what you want.........then forward is GOOD!

That's just my prefference :wink: [/quote]

naturechild2

• Members
  • 8 posts
In my humble opinion, it takes more intelligence and forethought to be subtle....and flirting by just being crude seems to me to be so....impersonal and disrespectful. I remember a boy in high school talking trash to me, this was like 20 years ago, and Yes!, I still remember.....interrupting him and saying "Do you really think talking to me like that is going to make me want to GO OUT with you? That is do disrespectful and disgusting"!

If someone has such little respect for themselves, not to mention ME, that they think it is appealing to sound like a letter to Penthouse, God only knows how lacking their judgment is in other ways.......

On the other hand, I love a good verbal tango, one that requires wit, inspires curiousity, and makes me wonder what will be thought of next.....

The way to my heart is definltely through my MIND!

And that kind of foreplay......can last you for decades!!!

Damn, I hate being single.....
Well, half the time anyway!
Namaste,
Nature

It is our duty - as men and women - to behave as though limits to our ability do not exist. We are co-creators of the Universe. ~Pierre Teilhard de Chardin ~~~~~The struggle of the mind to keep itself free from every sort of bondage - to remain curious, open, unsatiated in all it's relations with nature - is tenfold more difficult than the cultivation of a stable, satisfying point of view, but a thousandfold more precious. ~Gardner Murphy ~~~~~Remain open. There is something bigger than you know going on here. ~Iyanla VanZant~~~~~ Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude. ~Denis Waitley
Remain open. There is something bigger than you know going on here. ~Iyanla VanZant~~~~~

ashleigh

• Posting Members (3 or more)
  • 187 posts
sometimes with me subtle is lotsa fun, but quite honestly, there are times that i am thick as a brick and to flirt with me, sometimes you need to hit me in the head and say 'wake up dummy'

truestorm

• Members
  • 13 posts
gad, my friends laugh at me over this. i *never* see when someone is flirting with me if it is not overt. you have to just come right out and seriously flirt with me for me to get it..lolol. i'm not the most perceptive person, i guess. subtle stuff just sails right past me...
truestorm

lexxy

• Members
  • 7 posts
I can't say that a woman has 'hit' on me before...I find my ladies on the net.
Fuck me badly once, shame on you....Fuck me badly twice, shame on me.

AmiDenise

• Members
  • 58 posts
I have been advised recently that I'm not always the most subtle with my flirtation.

I've been chatting with the new lady in my life. I wasn't trying to be subtle, but I still felt that my comments leaned more towards the subtle side of the street.

She was having a bad morning one day, and I offered to hit on her to cheer her up. She replied, "Aren't you always hitting on me?" I was a little surprised (don't know why, but I was) and said, "I suppose." Her reply set me straight on her appraisal of my subtlety -- "Wait... You didn't think you were being subtle in hitting on me, did you?" For a brief moment, I felt like a freaking idiot... then just laughed and said, "Nope... I guess not."

I like this woman, there's no getting close to BS with her; she'll call you on it in a heartbeat. And she doesn't seem to mind that I tried to be coy or that I was hitting on her continuously.

:-)
One should no more deplore homosexuality than left-handedness. ~Towards a Quaker View of Sex, 1964

(As a left-handed lesbian, I'm particularly fond of this quote.)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users