Where are the older wiser women?

46 replies to this topic

Kayla

• Members
  • 10 posts
Hello everyone ... just poking around the boards to see what's going on or what's not going on. There hasn't been a post here in a while. Where have all the older wiser women gone ... acck ...reminiscent of a very old folk song huh?

At any rate I just thought I'd peek in and say hello. Anyone out there?[i] 8)

She asked, "What is your greatest fear?"
I answered, "To live a life without passion."

Kayla

• Members
  • 10 posts
... you peeking ... no one wants to chat? :(

ashleigh

• Posting Members (3 or more)
  • 192 posts
define older and wiser. i will give you a hint, in my case, the two do not go hand in hand

Kayla

• Members
  • 10 posts
Well now you do pose a very good question ... I must admit in some ways "older & wiser" are subjective. So ... :) Do you lean more on the older side or the wiser side?

ashleigh

• 192 posts
well, i hit 37 in a month and a half. some may think that ancient while others may think i am just a pup. it matters not either way. i am very fond of good judgement comes from experience, experience comes from poor judgement. i feel i have more than my fair share of experience, but then again that was my choice at that time. in most of my circles, though, i am kind of a tribal elder/peacekeeper.

lezmama1963

• Members
  • 6 posts
43 here and thinking I'm a little bit wiser than I was when I was a mere pup of 20, and was trying really hard to be a (gulp) straight girl. I just joined this forum. I used to belong to a similar one that was in my State (MI). It was very active for a while, but then it became very slow and boring.

I hope I can find some good conversations to get in to.

"All love that has not friendship for its base, is like a mansion built upon sand." Dorothy Parker (1893 - 1967), Not So Deep as a Well (1937)

sunshine49

• Members
  • 1 posts
I'm 49 single lesbian here in Florida and have been wondering the same....you can write me anytime. Would love to hear from you!
would love to meet someone to hang out with and to have lots of fun getting to know one another. Pen pals are welcome from anywhere! Hope to meet ya soon!

ashleigh

• 192 posts
for the longest time my mantra was live and learn. a few things happened in my life that started me to actually question whether or not i was actually learning just because i was still living or was i just riding a wave of sheer dumb luck. someone pointed out to me that perhaps i was learning because i was sub/consciously avoiding things, events, places, people, etc that before would put me in jeopardy. still i wonder if that applies as much as i would like to think it does.

naturechild2

• Members
  • 8 posts
Though again, it is entirely subjective. I am (only) 36 y/o, and have just had my one and only (naming it and claiming it), mid-life crisis this last year and a half.....and Ahhhhhh...the wisdom it brings.....(ouch-ouch-ouch!

I, too enjoy the company of older and wiser women, love the depths of their experiences and insights, enjoy the fullness of their self-hood (for lack of a better term).

I am now in the (phoenix rising from the ashes) process of embracing my own depth of self, learning who I am and taking careful consideration of who and what I want in my life these days...in Oklahoma City, OK. A time of re-visioning how I most want to spend my life, in what surroundings, etc.....

So, I feel like an innocent all over again, learning and growing every day, and yet to many who are younger, I seem to be somewhat of a sage....(certainly a compliment)

I think that is the appeal of an older woman.....and I love them. I've only had a few relationships, and was certainly most captivated by those older than me.......

Just a few rambles....I am new here and thought I would jump in and see how the water feels.....
My email is annearthchild@wmconnect.com and I would enjoy making new friends.....

Love yourself; the rest will follow.
Nature

"It is our duty - as men and women - to behave as though limits to our ability do not exist. We are co-creators of the Universe. ~Pierre Teilhard de Chardin ~~~~~The struggle of the mind to keep itself free from every sort of bondage - to remain curious, open, unsatiated in all it's relations with nature - is tenfold more difficult than the cultivation of a stable, satisfying point of view, but a thousandfold more precious. ~Gardner Murphy ~~~~~Remain open. There is something bigger than you know going on here. ~Iyanla VanZant~~~~~ Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude. ~Denis Waitley"
Remain open. There is something bigger than you know going on here. ~Iyanla VanZant~~~~~

ashleigh

• 192 posts
i just love learning just for the sake of doing so, regardless of who or how old. i prefer older and wiser as long as they are not tired of three stooges/marx brothers/bugs bunny humor. then they tend to throw me to the wolves.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users