how does one handle suicidal pets?

5 replies to this topic

ashleigh

• Posting Members (3 or more)
  • 187 posts
my cat has made permanent enemies with my pitweiller. as in every time she gets close enough, she stripes the dog across the nose. to make matters worse, the cat treads where the dog does. goes right up to her food dish while babygirl (dog) is eating as well as gets literally nose to nose with her. i swear the cat is bound and determined to end up a doggie snack. even letting the dog chase her for a bit doesn't work. it just gives them and me some more exercise.

Orah

• Members
  • 14 posts
I don't know how long you've owned the dog, or been owned by the cat, but one thing I have noticed about all cats is that they have no regard for size. My cat, who would barely make a mouthfull for a ratweiler, backs them down on a regular basis. Maybe it's that cats are much faster and more flexible than just about any other mamal on this planet. And they canallways go up a tree (or the drapes) and pounce on the dog from there. Well, in any case, I don't think you need to worry about your cat becomming "dog food" any time soon.

ashleigh

• 187 posts
yesterday evening the dogs were raising a ruckus outside, so i went out to check why. turns out that missy (the suicidal cat) is playing tag with a copperhead. for the next ten minutes the following pattern occurs-knock cat out of the way with pole, then try to toss snake into clearing. finally succeed, piss off cat and chop the snake up with a folding camp shovel. i had forgotten how fun and accurate they are to throw. anyway, i toss the snakes remains away and missy decides to retrieve them. she was pissed that i deprived her of her kill i guess. all i hope is that she never decides to present me with a snake as a gift, otherwise i will have to replace boards in my backporch. i wonder if i could convince her that she is really a dog instead and maybe have a somewhat stable pet?

ashleigh

• 187 posts
Well said catten has truly shown either a complete disregard for size or she believes she is the same size as an adult tiger. You know that look in their eyes and that twitch of the tail when they spy prey? I caught her doing that to my neighbor's horse. If she continues on that course of action, nothing good can come of this.

ashleigh

• 187 posts
The catten has started to ignore the horses now, but this is only because she is trying to figure out how to get to the baby chicks. She will waste time and effort trying to get them while she ignores the multitudes of doves that call the 100 acre wood home (actually it's only five, but couldn't resist the Winnie the Pooh reference).

whitelder

• Members
  • 11 posts
Sounds like your cat thinks she's a small dog and has little dog complex i.e. will attack anything bigger or meaner then her...
Men are lucky they can only have one orgasm. Did You know that women can have an hour long orgasm?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users