Breaking up is hard to do

20 replies to this topic

rebatech

• Members
  • 14 posts
I just got a call from my ex. She was calling from her new gf's house to check on me. Is it me or is that a tremendous slap in the face? I am going from hurt to steaming pissed in a hurry. I just want to scream until my face is blue, but I keep trying to protect her from my pain. Am I an idiot or is this normal? Keep writing guys, its the only thing I have to look forward too right now. Thanks to all who have posted recently, I appreciate the thoughts.

rooo

• Members
  • 7 posts
This is perfectly normal. In fact, I find myself still doing it from time to time with my ex. Everyone says "Just get angry at her and it will get better" Well, maybe it's just me, but I still find it hard to be angry with her regardless of what she has done and continues to do. My advice is try pulling away from her, it's so very hard to do, but you can do it, we all have done it at some point. Things will get better I promise.

Roo
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out, thoroughly used up, and loudly proclaiming, "WOW.....WHAT A RIDE!!!

Lise441

• Members
  • 162 posts
I could be way off base, but I'm going to give this my best shot. I can only imagine what you're going through because I never loved the first women in my life, I cared about them deeply but I wasn't in love with them. It took me four women to finally find the woman I am in love with and I don't know why and how this occured but I do believe that all things happen for a reason. Having a broken heart must be a bitch and I hope you overcome this one. What ever is due to come your way in terms of love and relationships must be something amazing. Do some soul searching and focus on what makes you happy and I know the right partner will come your way. Best Wishes :)
Sometimes you stand on the edge of a cliff and you jump. You jump because you're tired of being scared. Sometimes you jump just to feel the fall

rebatech

• Members
  • 14 posts
The latest? At 5:00, she said she would be right home. At 12:30 she showed up smelling of sex and beer and climbed in bed with me. I just want her out and I want to move on. If she really loved me like she said, she would never have done this. To all the beautiful ladies who posted to me in the past few days, I thank you for your kindness. I know I have a long road ahead of me still, but at least this last trick opened my eyes to the fact that it is over and no amount of my tears is going to change that. I got the chance to check out some of the local support groups and was pleasantly surprised at the amount of help that is out there! I have plans to go out with friends this weekend to a local winery for some fun and light jazz. I can't say I won't be hurting, but at least it should be bearable for a few hours. :lol: Keep posting ladies, I love to hear from you!

tomboygirrl

• Members
  • 5 posts
breaking up when it isnt a mutual thing sucks. first there is anger then despair. it shakes your self concept to the core. longing for the one who was the biggest part of your life when now there is just emptyness in all those places makes your soul feel smaler and the space it occupies becomes a cavern. Dark and hard to find your way

Belle Soft Stud

• Members
  • 9 posts

breaking up when it isnt a mutual thing sucks. first there is anger then despair. it shakes your self concept to the core. longing for the one who was the biggest part of your life when now there is just emptyness in all those places makes your soul feel smaler and the space it occupies becomes a cavern. Dark and hard to find your way

^ Very true.

loraine1971

• Members
  • 2 posts
I just broke up with my girlfriend last week. Two months ago, she proposed to me. Then last week she told me she realized that although she loves me and is very sexually attracted to me, she isn't "in love" with me. She was the first person I was ever able to picture "forever" with. I can't even properly be angry with her because she can't control her feelings! We are going to remain friends, but now everything is so strained and awful. I am completely and hopelessly in love with her. I know I will get over her, move on, and find someone else, but right now that seems impossible.

sexonlegs

• Members
  • 14 posts
sadly ive been there as well. when you love them so much, but can see their flaw that is causing you two to be successfully happy. everyone else pressures you to do it, so you think its the best choice. gahhh.. i broke up with my girl today actually becuz of that same reason. i mean, we had a ton of problems, and im not even sure we could of fixed it. i tried my best. but my heart misses her. her smile, her laugh.. blah. it totally blows, but you have to take care of you first!

ElCee

• Posting Members (3 or more)
  • 6 posts
I'm too sentimental. I need to not look at photo's or listen to certain songs. They only remind you of what was and what is now lost.

Rumyluvgrl

• Posting Members (3 or more)
  • 4 posts

View Postrebatech, on 26 May 2006 - 03:42 PM, said:

My girlfriend and I just celebrated 9 years together on may 21, on may22 she tells me its over and that she spent the day before (our anniversary date) with another woman. My heart is shattered and I feel like I want to vanish. Does anyone have any help for me? Any place I can go for support? I don't particularly like the bar scene and I am way too old to play some stupid game. I just feel so empty and alone. :cry:

So sorry to hear of your relationship. Mine of 10 yrs just crashed and burned too. We have a GLBT in Charlotte which I may end up visiting. But I have enough things around my home that can keep me busy to take my mind off the soured relationship. Maybe you can try that too? Keep your self busy, get a hobby, google GLBT in your area or close enough to drive. Look for bars/clubs that could be near you.

I wish you the best. I'm new to these boards and don't yet have access to profiles. I too am much too old for the bar scene. lol Besides, I don't want to pick up a drunk.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users