Bi and Proud! :)

9 replies to this topic

Myaku

• Members
  • 6 posts
I have come out as a bisexual female. And I am proud of who I am. No, I am not "confused." I am attracted sexually and emotionally to both sexes. It's just how I feel!

I come from a small town, where if you are not heterosexual, you are evil. :( So even when I moved out of that small town, and into a more "populated" area, the gay community even chastised me for being "confused". Which of course made me feel awful. :(

But now, being here in San Francisco, I feel that I can be who I am! And people are embracing that. I love it. So that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Anyone else want to share their bisexual experiences?
Read My Ramblings!--->Nella's Blog!!

phoenix99

• Members
  • 65 posts
I am bisexual as well! I went back and forth for a while "Do I like men? Do I like women?" Then I just said, well why not like both?

I think this way, there are no limits. One half of the population isn't shut off from the realm of possibility.

Yay for bi people.
------------------------------------
But he that dares not grasp the thorn
Should never crave the rose.
- Anne Bronte, "The Narrow Way"

FenianSerpent

• Members
  • 1 posts
I came out as bi because when I hit the stage when I started to feel sexually attracted to people and fall in love, I found that my feelings and desires were no different amongst the genders. Men and women are both beautiful in my mind.
"None of us can choose where we will love." - Erik, the Phantom of the Opera

"Elvis, Lennon, Reznor . . ." - Trent Reznor from Nine Inch Nails

phoenix99

• Members
  • 65 posts

I came out as bi because when I hit the stage when I started to feel sexually attracted to people and fall in love, I found that my feelings and desires were no different amongst the genders. Men and women are both beautiful in my mind.

Word.
------------------------------------
But he that dares not grasp the thorn
Should never crave the rose.
- Anne Bronte, "The Narrow Way"

frozenillusion

• Members
  • 14 posts
I wanted to extend my hand and offer some support to your cause.

Although I am exclusively attracted to women it shocked me when I came into the scene how prejudice many gays are against bisexuals; it still shock me to this day to be honest. As far as I can see, we're all in the same boat, each and every single one of us who see ourselves as anything but 'heterosexual'. We all suffer the same prejudices from other quarters, and I think we should all stick together and fight for our voices to be heard rather than judge the 'correctness' of how we see ourselves.

That's just my two cents. (And really, it IS called the LGBT community, after all.)

I have wondered though, if there are homosexuals who are against other sexualities because they somehow see them as "worse" than homosexuality, and are afraid that affiliation with those groups may work against the gay cause?
"Love feeleth no burden, thinketh nothing of labours, attempteth what is above its strength, pleadeth no excuse of impossibility; for it thinketh all things possible for itself and all things lawful." - Thomas A. Kempis

Miz Jett

• Members
  • 5 posts
Just wanted to say hi and share a wee bit of myself... I've identified as bi since I was around 13 and realised I dig girls. However, as time goes on, I find myself less and less attracted to men. It's kind of annoying, really; my motto has always been, "It's what's in your heart, not in your pants, that matters." Emotionally, I can still be into an exceptionally rad male. The odd bout of sex can be fun, as well - dildo with brain attached. On the other hand, I can't see myself ever being in another seriously committed relationship with a man; I love women too much. So I'm not sure what I am, aside from queer, and I guess I'll just continue to follow my heart. :)

I've never understood gay folks looking down on bi people, either - we should all stick together, not fight amongst ourselves.

Phoenix_1960

• Members
  • 4 posts
WOW!
I am easing out of the closet here only to find I will face prejudice among those I thought would be more understanding. Maybe I ought to just close the door and keep my secret forever.
:cry:

celeste

• Members
  • 20 posts
To answer frozen's question, some straight women will claim to identify as bisexual and engage in PDA and other activities with females to get more male attention. Sometimes lesbians can be less accepting of those who who say they are bisexual because of these "posers." However other lesbians are perfectly accepting and welcoming of bisexual identification.

And no, Phoenix you shouldn't do that! Be proud of who you are! Why would you choose to remain in the closet after making the decision to come out, just because some people may judge you? People are always going to have opinions and prejudices but I would encourage you to ignore them. There is absolutely NOTHING strange, wrong, or confused about a bisexual womyn and don't ever forget that.

BeaS

• Posting Members (3 or more)
  • 3 posts
I came out as bi , I'm sure I'm bi , my parents know it , but I don't know why , my mom thinks I'm gay and my dad thinks I'm srtaight xD
But no , I'm not confused and I'm proud of who I am :D

HannahFishPhotos

• Posting Members (3 or more)
  • 4 posts
I've been shying away from the label "bisexual" because it has felt to me that many lesbians are prejudiced against it. On the other hand, the idea of having a long term relationship with a man is just SO unappealing to me. In fact, having sex with a man sounds pretty unappealing. And it's not that my last relationship "ruined" men or anything, not at all. I've just come to discover that I don't find them very attractive at all. However, I hate the idea of calling myself a lesbian, only to later meet some really awesome guy that I want to spend my life with! Labels feel so restrictive, but the little OCD parts of my brain must categorize everything!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users