Lovers to Friendship

4 replies to this topic

angogwanon

• Members
  • 13 posts
My girlfriend told me her feelings are more towards friendship for me and can be be friends only. This really hurt since she told me she loved me very much a week earlier. Now all she can say is that she values me.

I haven't talked to her since and miss her. Mostly I miss holding her, kissing her, caressing her, being with her... How can I be friends with these desires?

Is it possible to becomes friends only when you are in love with someone?

ashleigh

• Posting Members (3 or more)
  • 191 posts
frustrating, but possible. deppends on the boundaries established and kept and whether or not you find someone else special to help ease the pain. the will still hurt just because of the absence of the love, but something will fill its place. nature abhors a vaccuum. probably not what you wanted to hear, but i had gone through a similar situation three years back. and even now i wondeer.

rebatech

• Members
  • 14 posts
Personally, I don't think I can do it. My girlfriend of nine years just left me last month but still wants to call and chat and go shopping etc. But I can't do it. I love her too much to not be able to let her know it. So I guess its all in what you're willing to put up with to be with her. I hope it works out for you!

angogwanon

• Members
  • 13 posts
A friend of mine says you can't go backward in a relationship. Maybe she is right... However, I hate the idea of not having her a part of my life and that thought hurts as much as the pain she caused me. It is a catch 22, isn't it. Perhaps short phone calls about superficial things for awhile...

I don't know... I wish there was an easy answer.

ashleigh

• Posting Members (3 or more)
  • 191 posts
the bad thing about the end of relationships, be they good, bad, ugly or somewhere in between or beyond is that they always hurt. logically, the end of an abusive relationship should be cause for celebration, but it hurts just as bad as the end of the most ideal relationship. depending on how much pain you can/are willing to endure, you can try to keep it as friends, but it gets really difficult to do at times, especially when the time/situation/comment/or whatever stimulus triggers thoughts of what it was like before you were 'just' friends.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users