Westboro Baptist Church

19 replies to this topic

AddieLove

• Members
  • 3 posts
These are the reasons why I have issues accepting my own sexuality.
I have problems understanding exactly why this is an issue for other people, and where the source of their hatred is coming from.

doobie

• Members
  • 2 posts
I found a very good church. Accepting of all walks of life.
It Rocks :!:

Google "metropolitan church of christ" to find one near you :D

LMS

• Members
  • 4 posts
You know they are just an example of the amount of ignorance and small mindedness that still goes on in the world today.

They win only if we allow them to affect us. I think wasting any time on thinking about these people or getting angry at them is just not time well invested

No matter what we say or do, there will always be people out there who will criticize us
Just be happy in yourselves and leave them to their misery :lol:

crazyfool

• Members
  • 10 posts
yeah, those idiots came to charleston. not only do they hold up "god hates fags" signs, they picket the funerals of dead soldiers. i don't know if any of you heard about the mine disaster that happened back in april, but if not here's a breif: the mine caught a spark and exploded as shift change was happening. every man inside the mine died (a total of 29), many more were injured. a lot of them were well known locals, good men. anyways, those idiots at wbc came to the capitol and were holding up signs saying "god hates dead miners". this is coal country. there were so many people down there shouting and screaming at them, throwing things at them, there are plenty of videos on youtube. can you believe these rejects actually tried to go to the mine and picket there where a couple dozen families and about 400 others waited for the emergency crews to declare the miners dead or find them alive? this is west virginia, and i believe if they would have made it up there, they would've gotten shot or worse. lucky for them the deputy sherriffs got them when they got off the exit and told them they best turn around, they aint goin up there. what's really pathetic is, they are raising their children to believe in this garbage.

Kirsten

• Posting Members (3 or more)
  • 15 posts
What really irks me about people like this is that even though I'm not Christian, I can remember so much of what I learned as a child. Jesus preached love and tolerance, respect and non-judgement... and yet here are people preaching hate and intolerance and death-to-the-gays in the name of that good man. Wherever he is now, he must weep when he sees how his message has been perverted.
"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it's ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid."

- Albert Einstein

Lorbana

• 13 posts
Y'know, I've found that this kind of hate come from some deep dark desire to come out, and they're shamed. All the people that dribble hate like this that I've known have had a homosexual encounter themselves - and they're ashamed of it! If everyone would just stop this needless, hurtful expression of angst, perhaps...it wouldn't exist...
But then, perhaps this isn't the case... I have heard of many cases of cranial/rectal inversion...or head up the anus, and unfortunately have witnessed it.

This is the very reason I don't know about religion. I joined a great church in OK where I was baptized - great bunch of people. Bottom line is this though: No body has the right to say how anyone person should be living their life. There is no instruction manual...except feelings seem to be guiding us as one right? So do what comes natural to you any way and if you encounter issues like this remember this: the bible - in many scriptures - says not to judge. It's not our place but God's. And according to the bible these people judging us are sinning...where in the bible does it really say not to be homosexual?? I don't know either... and truly, I don't care.

If any one needs those scriptures for proof or to fling out there in a heated discussion or to protect yourself from these *beeps*, I took the liberty of finding them for you:
Matthew 7:1-29, 7:15 -heed this and disregard the hate!,6:14,15
Luke 6:37, 18:10-14, 6:31
1 John 7:24, 8:7, 4:11-12, 3:16-17,
James 4:11-12, 3:17, 1:19-22, 1:26
Romans 14:1-3 <my personal fav! Romans 12:20-21,12:9-11, 12:16-19
Ephesians 14:1-13
Isaiah 53:1-12
2 Timothy 3:5,6
1 Thessalonians 5:12-16
1 peter 2:1-4, 4:8-9, 3:8-12
Psalm 15:1-5, 1:1-6
Hebrews 4:12 <why God is only one to judge us!
Colossians 3:12-15
1 Corinthians 5:12-13, 6:1-6, 2:15
Titus 2:11-15 -Let no one disregard you!, 3:2-7
Leviticus 19:15
2 Timothy 2:24-26
Galatians 5:22-65, 6:1-6
2 Corinthians 5:10
Proverbs 31:9

You don't even need to read these through! I only posted them so that you had something to arm yourself with! I hope that this proves useful to some one.

SO many times it says NOT to judge but to love. And with all this hate killing people (all the suicides/murders it induces) how can people NOT see the evil in judging others??? WHO'S the sinner? WHO'S the wicked ones????
I rest my case.

Edited by Lorbana, 18 September 2012 - 03:34 PM.

"If laughter's youth, let's give years."

Lorbana

• 13 posts

View Postcrazyfool, on 12 August 2010 - 04:49 PM, said:

yeah, those idiots came to charleston. not only do they hold up "god hates fags" signs, they picket the funerals of dead soldiers. i don't know if any of you heard about the mine disaster that happened back in april, but if not here's a breif: the mine caught a spark and exploded as shift change was happening. every man inside the mine died (a total of 29), many more were injured. a lot of them were well known locals, good men. anyways, those idiots at wbc came to the capitol and were holding up signs saying "god hates dead miners". this is coal country. there were so many people down there shouting and screaming at them, throwing things at them, there are plenty of videos on youtube. can you believe these rejects actually tried to go to the mine and picket there where a couple dozen families and about 400 others waited for the emergency crews to declare the miners dead or find them alive? this is west virginia, and i believe if they would have made it up there, they would've gotten shot or worse. lucky for them the deputy sherriffs got them when they got off the exit and told them they best turn around, they aint goin up there. what's really pathetic is, they are raising their children to believe in this garbage.

WOW! What was the point in that? (picketing the dead miners) You've got to be kidding...Do they BBQ?? I'm willing to bet these hypocrites use many things produced from mining quite happily...these people are disgusting. I semi hope they brew a punch... *please don't judge me for this, of course I hope for the best*

Lorbana

• 13 posts

View PostAddieLove, on 01 May 2008 - 02:54 AM, said:

These are the reasons why I have issues accepting my own sexuality.
I have problems understanding exactly why this is an issue for other people, and where the source of their hatred is coming from.

Accept yourself sweety. This is your life, do what comes naturally. NO one has the right to tell you you're wrong! Embrace yourself, for you are beautiful - inside and out!

nightlydemon

• 7 posts
aI don't really need to actually go to the source that was posted, there's a guitar carrying preacher that forces his views down everyone at my school's throats when they get hungry. He preaches all sorts of crap just outside the cafeteria from "don't go to the doctors, medicine is evil" to "homosexuality is the vilest form of sinning." The biggest irony is that he hasn't had something broken over his head yet since my school is one of the biggest nursing and the most liberal school in the state. It's not what he says that gets on my nerves so much, it's the complacency of the gay and lesbian community that gets to me. People of intelligence know the things he says are total BS, but for every intelligent person on that campus, there's about four more that only got in because they know how to kiss (expletive). It creates a hostile environment, but no one is willing to get rid of him.

On a different point, it was the same ignorance that caused me to take so long to come out of the closet to myself. My first crush basically held, and still does to my knowledge, the same beliefs the closed-minded, hypocritical Christians hold. She traumatized me at a young age, and given my mental disorders from other crap, I reverted to a fantasy world where I convinced myself that I couldn't be evil and fell into suite with the mold rural society wanted me to be in. Therapy does work, and I'm grateful my life is back to what it's supposed to be.

Atlantis

• 40 posts
That church makes me want to hurl. They are so hateful and just gross. It takes a lot of crazy to picket people's funerals. :( :angry: :thumbdown:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users