Show Off Your Art- Tattoos

29 replies to this topic

sunkissed1

• Members
  • 17 posts
hahaha you tell it sista!

yeah.. ive been thinking about getting the initials of my ex on the inside of my left wrist.. but thats all i got lol

Jagdflieger

• Members
  • 9 posts
Why are you considering that? I'd think someone would want something more personal than someone else's initials. At least that's my take.
"The true measure of a hero is when a man lays down his life knowing the people whom he saves... will never know."

Redneck_Angel

• Members
  • 11 posts
I can't believe only two people are chatting up tatty ideas... :shock:

I myself have 4. A few more ideas are being kicked around in my head. I got my first when I was 19, and you know how everyone says it's an instand addiction? They lied. I didn't become addicted until about 2 years later when I was going in every few weeks to do a large piece for my second tatty. After that it was all downhill.

So a list of my tats, in order of appearance (working on getting decent pics to show you)
1) small angel wings between my shoulder blades
2) large devil's tail that starts just above my tailbone and works itself 1/3 of the way down my thigh
3) an armband with the Superman symbol in it on my left arm
4) a black stylized rose with the stem winding it's way down my arm to my wrist.

The rose is the outline for an eventual sleeve, but finances dictate that I won't get any more work done on that any time soon. I'm hoping to put a phoenix on there.... but not certain yet. And I refuse to get anything inked until I am certain.
"gender is drag" ~ Judith Butler

dlphnlvr

• Members
  • 1 posts
I have tats all over my arms and I was wondering how to post a pic of them. :roll: [/img]

truestorm

• Members
  • 13 posts
i got my first tattoo this past spring. it is on my left shoulder...tribal sun with three triquetras inside it. i love it and am planning my second tat now.

truestorm

Courtney85

• Members
  • 7 posts
Posted Image

That's my pride and joy right there. I'm planning my second one right now. I think it's going to either be on my wrist or on the nape of my neck.

lesbotronic

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 191 posts
Wow, Courtney85, that's really amazingly beautiful! I love how the shading is complex and looks texture-y, yet it's all still in blue and black. The ball in the middle looks totally 3D. You (well, if you wanna) should post info about your artist.

Courtney85

• Members
  • 7 posts
Why thank you for the compliment on the tattoo. As far as artists go, do you mean the tattoo artist, or the person who designed the faerie in the first place?

The tattoo artist was a local guy here in Baton Rouge, and I've since forgotten his name (it's been 3 years since I got the tattoo). Though, I should have kept up with his card, because I definitely want to go back to him for the second one.

Amy Brown designed the original artwork. "Bubble Rider" was the name of the peice, I believe. Heh, I actually had the guy scan a copy of my car's air freshener, since that's all I had with it on it.

It's still fun to hear, "HEY! I've got your tattoo as an air freshener in my car!"

lesbotronic

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 191 posts
Meant either/or, didn't know they were two different peeps.

But . . . your tattoo design was previously featured on an AIR FRESHENER? :shock:

I've never seen any air freshener that looked even in the ballpark of anything that interesting. Did your tattooist improve the design, or does it really look just like it? But I'm not so big on air fresheners, I'm more down with candles and incense. ;) Still, if some are that interesting, maybe I'd reconsider. You either get your air fresheners at a much more interesting place than I'm currently aware of, or I'm just way out of touch with what's goin' on in the Land of Air Fresheners these days.

Just out of curiosity, can you describe the scent of that particular one? I'm hoping not Pine or Pina Colada . . .

Courtney85

• Members
  • 7 posts
Yes, an air freshener! Y'know, one of those generic, square-shaped things you hang from your rear-view mirror in your car? I think it was puchased at Hot Topic years and years ago as a way to fuel my faerie obsession.

Though, you sure do make it sound really bad! *laughs* The inspiration was all Amy Brown and her amazing artwork, I just got lucky enough to have my favorite peice featured on a $1.99 scented peice of cardboard.

The coloring was a bit different, actually. But it's the same basic design. I wanted to stay true to Amy Brown's original artwork and this guy did an amazing job of doing that for me!

This is actually the original peice:
Posted Image

And as far as the scent goes, I actually don't remember. I don't use air freshners in my car all that much either, with the exception of my scented rainbow leigh! Yay for being leighed in my car!

Edit: Found an image of what I want for the second tattoo.
Posted Image

It's supposed to be the Chinese symbol for Equality. Though, I definitely want to check that out first and be sure. I'd hate to get something like "Male Power" or "Chicken-Fried Rice" permanently etched into my skin.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users