The Break Up Album

12 replies to this topic

Lise441

• Members
  • 162 posts
Name 1-5 songs that were the soundtrack of your last relationship and feel free to explain why you chose the song(s).

1. "Enough Cryin' " by Mary J. Blige
2. "Free Yourself" by Fantasia
3. "Ex-Factor" by Lauryn Hill
4. "Final Hour" by Vivian Green
Sometimes you stand on the edge of a cliff and you jump. You jump because you're tired of being scared. Sometimes you jump just to feel the fall

monteen

• Members
  • 31 posts
I don't think they make a break-up song for my ex. "F*** off and I hope you die" wouldn't sell very well.

Although Sad Songs and Waltzes by Cake and Good Day by Dresden Dolls are pretty good when you feel bitter about getting dumped.

Lise441

• Members
  • 162 posts
LOL. Hmmm there is a song along those lines. Mya Harrison has a song on her debut album called "If you died I wouldn't cry because you never loved me anyway." Very too the point but humorous too.
Sometimes you stand on the edge of a cliff and you jump. You jump because you're tired of being scared. Sometimes you jump just to feel the fall

agamid

• Members
  • 20 posts
Why should I cry for you - Sting. I didn't shead a single tear for that arsehole.
The Thing That Should Not Be - Razed in Black. Never should have hooked up, he destroyed six months of my life.
Weak and Powerless - A Perfect Circle. A very posesive man, even had to walk me to the bathroom in clubs.
us or them - The Cure. damn straight "I don't want you anywhere near me."
Pierrot the Clown - Placebo. In particular the line "leave me bleeding on the bed, I'll see you right back here tomorrow for the next round" Date raped, incase you're wondering.

Always thought of myself as bisexual but haven't dated a man since, am sickened by the thought of dating a man.
Not quite cold in the ground, not quite warm in my bed. - Nightwish

b_rad80

• Members
  • 6 posts
. . .there are approximately 18 million songs that would be on my breakup soundtrack. Several that made me think of her think of her today are:

-Love and Memories- O.A.R
-You Oughta Know- Alanis Morissette
-Resolution- Nick Lachey (don't laugh, it's a good song)
-I Hate Everything About You- Ugly Kid Joe

Unfortunately, we shared a bond with music, as we're both musicians, so essentially every song goes back to her in some way. It's a shame too, I've been avoiding listening to alot of favorites because of it.

Freigeist

• Members
  • 16 posts

I don't think they make a break-up song for my ex. "F*** off and I hope you die" wouldn't sell very well.

Godsmack has a song out called "I F***ing Hate you" does that count? It was one of my favorite breakup songs!
If we can put a man on the moon, how come we can't put them all there?

Cydistic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Probably right. ;-) However, there's this site:

http://www.breakup-songs.com/

that's got a bunch of songs and the lyrics.
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try. - Yoda, The Empire Strikes Back

suanough

• Members
  • 9 posts
:lol: Well... I think "F*** You and the Horse You Rode in On" has to be my No. 1 pick... I haven't written it yet but I'm giving it some serious thought!
Suanough :wink:
Sometimes it's better to apologize than to ask permission...
Grace Hooper, Adm. USN (Retired)

loraine1971

• Members
  • 2 posts
My ex and I have two entire cds of songs that I made for us of songs that we consider to be "ours". It is one of the many horrible things about breaking up with her. I can't listen to the music I love any more. Here's the top 5.

1) "Come Away With Me" by Norah Jones
2) "Crazy Game" by the Indigo Girls
3) "Free In You" by the Indigo Girls
4) "Our Love is Here to Stay" by Natalie Cole
5) "Sexomatic Venus Freak" by Macy Gray

I guess our musical tastes are kinda varied! :)

BananaFish

• Members
  • 5 posts
Oooooh, what a great topic! Here's my iTunes breakup playlist:

Faded Love---Lyle Lovett
Dimming Soul---Michelle Malone
Love Is Everything---k.d. lang
Give Back My Heart---Lyle Lovett
Some Kind Of Nerve---Melissa Ferrick
Break Up Song---Melissa Ferrick
When You Left---Melissa Ferrick
More Pretty Girls Than One---Lyle Lovett