When the time comes LONG before it's due....

3 replies to this topic

Redneck_Angel

• Members
  • 11 posts
My cat is a little over 2 years old, and it's time to put her down :cry: She's spent the past two days at the animal hospital getting tests done, and it's been narrowed down to either a tumour, or a disease known as FIT. The vet said her chances were not good. He didn't directly say it, but over the phone he strongly implied that the best option would be just to put her out of her misery.

I'm a starving college kid. I can't afford the tests I've already gotten for her (thank god for best friends). I can't afford to have a bunch of more tests only to find out that she's only got a week anyways because of this specific disease. The Vet has already said that either way (the tumour or the FIT) she doesn't really stand a chance.

A week ago she seemed fine. Acting normally, cuddling with me at night. Now she's gone :cry:
"gender is drag" ~ Judith Butler

Freigeist

• Members
  • 16 posts
Poor kitty. I'm sorry about your cat. I know how close you can get to pets even if they've only been in your life for a short period of time.
If we can put a man on the moon, how come we can't put them all there?

suanough

• Members
  • 9 posts
I'm sorry to hear about your kitty. I know how hard it is to make the decision regarding "What's best" or "What I'm feeling"...
I've been thru losing a pet and it's like losing a child. I have two cats now and (thankfully) both are healthy at present, but as you said, you never know day to day.
You have my sympathy. Hang in there!
Suanough

Sometimes it's better to apologize than to ask permission...
Grace Hooper, Adm. USN (Retired)

Redneck_Angel

• Members
  • 11 posts
Thanks for all the well wishes. I picked up her ashes at the vet's yesterday, and it's tough. But I know that it was the best option.
"gender is drag" ~ Judith Butler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users