Is it wrong to want romance at my age?

8 replies to this topic

Girltrucker

• Members
  • 1 posts
I thought I was done with all that little girl stuff. Then I take a nap, in my dream there is this beautiful woman romancing my socks off! I wake on a mission to find her, and I ask myself whats wrong with that! I'm almost 50 and I'm wondering is there life and romance after 50? Or should I just tell the little girl to go away and get back to "Modern Maturity"?
DJ

Imsapphic

• Members
  • 36 posts
Your never to old, I hope to be chasing the ladies up till the very end, love and romance have no age limits just don't be a fool and let yourself be taken advantage of. Happy hunting.
Truth is within ourselves; it takes no rise from outward things, what'er you may believe. There is an inmost centre in us all, where truth abides in fullness.

Andi

• Members
  • 7 posts
Hey Girl trucker. when you set off on a trip don't you have that sense of optimism that tells you you're gonna get there, whatever? I reckon it's just the same with lurve. Can't resist the challenge of a new day and what's round that next bend. I'm 55 and, apart from an abortive 'net affair' with what I believed to be a genuine soul, have just lived my life. Always found the best relationships came when I was busy with my life and was alive. Of course it helps if you like your work and I am privileged to work in world music ( Tour manager). Life on the road brings an intimacy that bonds you and your charges and there have been some very exciting rapport over the last few years. I'm MtF post-op since 2000 so not top of the 'Must Have' charts but despite the disappointment of the recent debacle of deceit I still have my faith that I am worthy of love. In the words of some old pop song." It's not what you do, it's the way that you do it" My girlfriends, from their 20s to 60s, keep me feeling good and quite sexy, somewhere out there will be someone who wants to sample the real thing. My only regret is the emergence of the surveillance era. we got it here when Thatcher came to power and now doors are locked and cameras festoon our streets. People like me struggle to survive when we used to roam free with the flow of music and energy. there is little room for mavericks these days. Now trust has almost gone and honour is valued cheaply. I guess I'm saying that the tick-boxes are consulted more often as time ticks by. Simply to save me time for the genuine things in life. Love, romance, an independent partner or a good fuck-buddy would be great and IS possible, I enjoy my maturity and cherish my independence tho I would be happy to share with the right woman. maybe one day you will walk into a diner and ... safe journeys x
The love we hold back is a thousand times stronger than the pain we fear

coyotens

• Members
  • 2 posts
I love this topic... I have a dear friend who is 51. She is constantly saying that she's meant to be alone, she's had her share of romance for this lifetime, she has enough love in her life through her friends and family that she doesn't need a partner...

It's driving me crazy!!!

I'm trying to get her online to try to meet people... but she has excuse after excuse... I'm beginning to think she doesn't want to find someone. Or maybe she's just scared...

I'm only 33, but I believe if I don't find it I'll always be searching for love... Until the end...

You never know... When, where, how, etc... that diner could be anywhere!!!

xo

ashleigh

• Posting Members (3 or more)
  • 192 posts
what is wrong with wanting romance? romance at any age and/or time is a nice thing. it gives us a sense of optimism and sometimes even a purpose. if romance is such a useless thing at whatever point in life, then explain why romance novels are sucha lucrative market.

Cydistic

• Members
  • 14 posts

I'm trying to get her online to try to meet people... but she has excuse after excuse... I'm beginning to think she doesn't want to find someone. Or maybe she's just scared...

Coyotens...

Or maybe she's tried and been hurt and is fed up with putting out the effort only to be hurt and disappointed. Sometimes it's easier to stay with the familiar - our friends and family - than it is to open ourselves to something new and be hurt again. If it happens too many times, we may become cynical and unwilling to try again.

On the bright side, sometimes the things we're looking for will seek us out and find us even if we hibernate in a cave and pull the cave in after us.

Cydistic
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try. - Yoda, The Empire Strikes Back

shirley1163

• Members
  • 7 posts
I don't think you are ever to old but here is a surpizing twist. For some reason I have always seem to date older women when I was younger. Now that I am in my forites Women that I have met online and elsewhere that our in their fifties and sizities suddenly don't even want to talki What gives? I have been told there are differences in middle age that need to be experience with other middle age women.

is12

• Members
  • 8 posts

I thought I was done with all that little girl stuff. Then I take a nap, in my dream there is this beautiful woman romancing my socks off! I wake on a mission to find her, and I ask myself whats wrong with that! I'm almost 50 and I'm wondering is there life and romance after 50? Or should I just tell the little girl to go away and get back to "Modern Maturity"?

"life begets life, energy creates energy, it is by spending oneself that one
becomes rich"

sarah Bernharde
1844-1923

Yoga

• One Post Members
  • 1 posts
People need love. It doesn't matter if you're 20 or 80. There is nothing wrong with wanting a special soneone to share life with! Don't let age dictate how you live your life.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users