undecided

3 replies to this topic

littlelittlelilly

• Members
  • 1 posts
i cant decide if i find boys attractive anymore. i know i am attracted to girls but boys dont turn me on nearlly as much as girls. am i bisexual or just lesbian? your opinions will help! :D

Redneck_Angel

• Members
  • 11 posts
In my opinion, no matter what you think now about your identity, it's something you can always change your mind about. Perhaps this is a temporary phase and next year you will meet a guy who will blow your socks off. Or perhaps not. Either way- always feel free to give and accept love where you find it: regardless of gender.

:D
"gender is drag" ~ Judith Butler

Freigeist

• Members
  • 16 posts

In my opinion, no matter what you think now about your identity, it's something you can always change your mind about. Perhaps this is a temporary phase and next year you will meet a guy who will blow your socks off. Or perhaps not. Either way- always feel free to give and accept love where you find it: regardless of gender.

:D

I so agree. Sexuality is fluid. Rather than trying to label yourself, just sit back and go with the flow and no matter what, always be open to love wherever and whoever it may come from.
If we can put a man on the moon, how come we can't put them all there?

ashleigh

• Posting Members (3 or more)
  • 192 posts
i really wouldn't stress over it too much. you will figure out what you feel comfortable with identifying as, as you live. the reasons i say this are if you take the results from alfred kinsey's survey, folks that are 100% straight or homosexual are a rarity. what he found was that the majority of the population fell somewhere in between, usually leaning more to one side than the other. then just to further mix things up, in latin american culture, even if you are exclusively homosexual, as long as you engage in the appropriate gender role (if male, you are the penetrator, if female you are the receptor) you are considered straight regardless of your choice of partners. but if you switch roles, then you are considered gay. then you can also toss in the folk who consider themselves straight but have side flings with samesex partners and folk who identify as homosexual, but still have the occasional fling with a member of the opposite sex. one thing to remember is that to the outside world, regardless if we id as gay, les, bi, trans or whatever- we are all gay to them. most of them do not split hairs about identity, for the most part only those of us in the community do. why? beats the hell out of me. maybe someone figured out the divide and conquer strategy works pretty damn well at keeping us squabbling over identities to ever set that aside and get our act together and do something that will actually truly empower the lgbtq community. this is my observation, so please don't take this as gospel until i learn how to walk on water and change water to wine.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users