Lost One

2 replies to this topic

ashleigh

• Posting Members (3 or more)
  • 187 posts
I have pretty much been adopting dogs, that for reasons of genetics, the local shelters will not adopt out and instead euthanizes them. Recently, I acquired three sisters, three months olds that were bulldog/husky/chow/wolf mix. They are so darling and very loving. Then I found one of them had died. I think a snake got to her, because my catten has decided this summer that copperheads make really neat playtoys. When I went out to bury her, I could tell that all the four remaining dogs and pups knew what happened and what was going on. I have never had such a hard time being able to look my girls in the eyes as that day. I figured horsesitting would help keep away the snakes, but apparently not enough. I have raised and butchered my own food before, but this was just too much for me. I broke down while laying her to her final rest. Even now it hurts to tell about it.

ashleigh

• 187 posts
I ended up losing another sister shortly after. So poor Trouble is the last of her group. At least Babygirl and Star play with her. I honestly hope that I never have to bury another pet again, I don't know if I can take it.

ashleigh

• 187 posts
I had gotten Trouble's last sister a few weeks ago. Where she was living was in a small pen with about ten other dogs. Sanitation was nonexistant to say the least. Anyway, the very last sister was rescued from those conditions, unfortunately she came down with parvo before I could get her vet appointment set. In less than a week, she went downhill sharply. I knew I would end up having to put her down but no matter how hard I tried to prep myself for what had to be done, I couldn't do it. My friend said it was because I had an emotional investment to her.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users