why so quiet

3 replies to this topic

squeaki t

• Members
  • 7 posts
Hi all,
When I first saw this forum I thought it was very cool. I’m the only black person employed by my company and the only woman in the field so someplace to talk to other black woman is great. Then I realized that it’s been a long time since anyone posted here. Read a lot of the post. There were some good conversations going on. Hopefully things will pick back up soon.

lesbotronic

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 193 posts

There were some good conversations going on. Hopefully things will pick back up soon.

You absolutely needn't wait for anything a'tall! If you want things in this area to pick back up, feel free to add something (more substantive than this) to any of the existing topics, or start a new one. That's exactly how things would pick up! Conversations start and stop, then start again constantly. None of them have an expiry date, and if the original responders don't respond again right away, likely someone else will. There's no need for you to sit around waiting for any particular member to drop back by. Go for it!

squeaki t

• Members
  • 7 posts
ok

Gager

• Posting Members (3 or more)
  • 6 posts
When I first saw this forum I thought it was very cool. I’m the only black person employed by my company and the only woman in the field so someplace to talk to other black woman is great.

Hi there!... Well I'm not black, but I'm the only person of my country at work which is a field of work man dominated. So I know your pain!... At the beginning was "funny" being unique but is getting annoying those silly question about my culture and yes, racism is always in the air somehow!

Edited by Gager, 29 January 2013 - 07:48 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users