Any truth seekers out there?

5 replies to this topic

Poll: Any truth seekers out there? (8 member(s) have cast votes)

Any truth seekers out there?

1. Yes! That is totally me! (7 votes [87.50%])

Percentage of vote: 87.50%

2. Not at all! I conform to my organized religion! (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. I don't believe in any of it! I'm agnostic. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. You've obviously confused me for someone who cares! (1 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Amathyst

• Members
  • 7 posts
I've looked into many religions out there and I think most of them have there good points. I have my own belief system. I take what strikes me as truth within myself and filter the rest. Anyone else out there like me? 8)
I just consider myself a random collection of cells that insists on saying "I".
http://www.myspace.com/amathyst2

ashleigh

• Posting Members (3 or more)
  • 192 posts
A dear friend and mentor once told me that all religions have the same goals. They provide some kind of code for interaction with your fellow human, teach you how not to be an a$$hole, and provide a way to achieve union with the divine. So far, I have not found any exceptions. We all seek the truth, however, my truth/or or path to it may not be the same as someone else's. A Common goal, but as many paths to it as there are people.

Amathyst

• Members
  • 7 posts
I completely agree with you that every truth and path is different for everyone. :wink: However I am interested in what some consider to be their own truth or path. I have always been open to the ideas of others. Although I may not always agree with what some believe, I always respect the right to believe however you want. I'm trying to start a topic of conversation to find out what paths others have been led to as well as what they consider to be their unique truth.
I just consider myself a random collection of cells that insists on saying "I".
http://www.myspace.com/amathyst2

ashleigh

• 192 posts
One of the first paths to openly accept members of our community is the Church of Satan. I notice that most nonchristians usually identify as either pagan or bhuddist and have not run across many atheists either.

TwoDimes60

• One Post Members
  • 1 posts
I, since age 16, have been trying to figure out if Christianity is "the way, the truth, the life". I was raised by parents who are totally committed to Christ and who have fundamentalist beliefs. All Christian values are strongly held by me. Truthfully, I am tired of trying to figure it out. My Christian upbringing has posed a huge conflict for me relative to accepting that being attracted to women is okay. I am deeply loved by my parents; they, however, do not accept this aspect of me. I wonder if there are others out there who have gone through similar trials. Oh, how I could go on and on! I think I will question matters until the day that I die. I surely am hoping that another life exists after this one and that it is "heavenly"! :thumbup:

Atlantis

• 40 posts
I practice Buddhist meditation and yoga (recognizing the charkas of the body). I also like to study Tibetan and Zen Buddhism, Shamanistic Judaism, Kabbalah, and Pagan religions. I am a deep believer in reincarnation (that the soul has to experience as much as possible to gain knowledge before it gets to move on). Yes, I am weird. :alien:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users