Cruel and Idiotic People

2 replies to this topic

ashleigh

• Posting Members (3 or more)
  • 191 posts
I live in a very rural area. Coyotes, coydogs, feral dogs, and even a few Florida panthers call this place home. Given the wildlife here, it has pissed me off to no end that some idiot has dropped off an unwanted cat that has been declawed. I have taken it in and Missy has made it part of her gang (don't ask). I fervently hope the wheels of karma are spinning for that idiot.

ashleigh

• 191 posts
The new addition to the household seems to be adjusting fairly well. I am surprised at how quickly Missy appears to be accepting as well. The poor cat has been through hell, but now seems to be doing much better. I really do appreciate how Missy has been helpful. Now the two of them follow me like puppies. As far as what to call the newbie, I feel that Shelton is appropriate.

ashleigh

• 191 posts
Shelton is healing up quite nicely. I think a safe place, food and a friendly environment have been a big help towards that end. Missy definitely asserts herself as the alpha feline, but so far she has not resorted to fighting with Shelton. As to Shelton's gender, dunno. Missy is fixed, so there won't be any surprises there. It will be interesting to see how Shelton deals with the gang of kitties, roughly a dozen, give or take a cat. I never would have thought house cats would gather into gangs and cooperate as well as they do. There are times that they work like the well oiled machine. Each doing their job and no complaining. It is kind of scary at times.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users