Pinned Segregated 'Anyone Near Me?' Ads

3 replies to this topic

Guest_PinKreem_*

• Guests
I'm new here and have already noticed how shallow this forum is with 3 subforums being taken over by shallow 'anyone near me' ads and I see the mods having to move them. I know it's hard meeting lesbians and nothing wrong with asking if anyone is near you in your intro if you say a lil' bit more about yourself but if thats all you're gonna say then how about a section for it? I'm thinking an organized w4w subforum for all of those type of posts with pinned threads divided up by country, region and state/province where you can post instead of a selfish random post for each person seeking.

lesbotronic

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 193 posts
I can say both that:

1) I agree with you to a large extent
BUT
2) I still don't think it's THAT big of a deal. ???

I did just move some more posts to the Member Intro area and highlighted part of the description of the Meeting New Women subforum that states it's NOT the place for Member Intros. (I did that just because of your comment.) But the Member Intros subforum IS the place for Member Intros. Shallow or otherwise. I also agree with you that shallow posts tend to be both more boring and way less likely to get responses but . . . what should we do, moderate on shallowness? Sternly instruct those who posted shallow intros to stop being shallow? "Hey YOU! Please get a little more complex for us!" :roll:

If they want to stop being shallow (at least via how they meet others on the internet), they'll have to come to that conclusion independently. Nothing we can realistically do about that. (Well, except we do actually ALREADY have a lot of advice that suggests something similar in our personals advice area.)
http://www.lesbotron...-personals.html

But that's already out there, so folks are already able to read that and follow/not follow those suggestions as they see fit. Already, that's so.

However, what IS realistic to expect is that those sort of posts can be confined to a particular area, so you can read those or avoid those according to your preference. So, I think that's what we'll try (harder) to do.

I think there are some good, not-so-shallow discussions happening here. But, they're not so much within the first two subforums, Member Introductions and Best Places for Lesbians. But . . . would you really expect them to be? I'd say, if discussion is what you're after, click on the topics that sound more like discussion topics, which would be most of the rest of 'em. Start your own more intellectual discussions in there too, if you don't already find one that interests you. Just avoid Member Intros and Best Places for Lesbians entirely, if that's more to your liking.

Hope that's helpful?

Guest_PinKreem_*

• Guests
These 4 subforums:

In person local groups for lesbians,
Best places for lesbians,
Meeting women/flirting them up
Member intros

consist of the same type of one person threads for one purpose: asking if people are near them. Thats what I meant by 'shallow'; not an attack on the posters... it's just they have one obvious purpose: to announce their location and find women near them for RL meet. I just think since this will inevitably happen that these 4 subforums should be consolidated and pinned by region to make it easier for these women to find eachother and the forum less confusing. Just a suggestion.

Farandolae

• Members
  • 14 posts

These 4 subforums:

In person local groups for lesbians,
Best places for lesbians,
Meeting women/flirting them up
Member intros

consist of the same type of one person threads for one purpose: asking if people are near them.

As a counter-example, I recently posted a substantive message on the "Meeting women/flirting them up" subforum. As of this writing, it is the fourth one down from the top. What you're talking about doesn't bother me, personally. I'm far more interested in the substance of any discussion here, mine or others. I do wish there was more current and active substantive discussions overall on the board, but myself personally don't think people posting "are you near me" messages are that big of a deal.

When I initially looked at the forums, it was clear to me from the description there that the thread was not for asking if people are near me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users