Gossiping: Do Lesbians Need to STFU More Than Most?

22 replies to this topic

Poll: Gossiping: Do Lesbians Need to STFU More Than Most? (56 member(s) have cast votes)

Gossiping: Do Lesbians Need to STFU More Than Most?

1. Way too many lesbians have way too loose lips, more than other demographics. They should effing put a cork in it. It's like a plague upon us ALL! (2 votes [3.57%])

Percentage of vote: 3.57%

2. The queer community in any town is smaller than the straight community. Smaller communities deal with more gossip. But that's all it is. (18 votes [32.14%])

Percentage of vote: 32.14%

3. Lesbians are women, and women gossip more than men. But they don't gossip more than other women. (13 votes [23.21%])

Percentage of vote: 23.21%

4. All humans gossip. Lesbians are human, ergo, they gossip. But not more than everyone else. Those newbies must just have had a bad time of it lately, but there's no more meaning there. (23 votes [41.07%])

Percentage of vote: 41.07%

Vote Guests cannot vote

mydnite

• Members
  • 1 posts
Gossip comes as naturally as eating. Show me someone who doesn't gossip, and I'll show you one who is not interested in people :wink:

19JustPeachy

• Posting Members (3 or more)
  • 7 posts
From a functionalist sociological viewpoint, gossip helps with group cohesion. Everyone does it. It's strange that everyone seems to think women gossip more than men, this has not been my experience. My dad and his work buddies and other friends gossip a lot more than I seem to.

rebeccasrevenge

• Members
  • 7 posts
:shock: STFU just STFU!

lesbotronic

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 193 posts

:shock: STFU just STFU!

Soooo . . . are we to understand that you would (or did) vote for the first poll option?

Care to elaborate a bit on why?

rebeccasrevenge

• Members
  • 7 posts
I agreed with all of the statements concerning gossip,it's just as a general rule I think everyone should STFU. :mrgreen:

emma.anne33

• 3 posts
i'll admit gossip can be intriguing, but only when it is not about you, as soon as the tables turn and it's about you....then everyone needs to STFU

Megz

• 3 posts
And yes to STFU, including me! No matter where you are, your local lesbian community is a small, incestuous population. You may not know everyone, but the the 20 or so women that know you, probably know someone that has slept with any given local lesbian.. The degrees of seperation are on the order of 1-2. Just sayin...

Alana

• 4 posts
There's actually a serious, scientific research that says men are more prone to talking too much and gossiping, than women.

cnthink_straight22

• 7 posts
Im not ashamed to admit that i do gossiping too, but not that much, only on situations that i am involved in.

Lorbana

• 13 posts
I don't know that as lesbians we gossip more, but I can see how as a lesbian of certain states (as there are so many people unwilling to accept us) would be more fearful of being gossiped about, or perhaps they haven't come out and are waiting to do it right (the way want). ...which makes me wonder... Are you serious about who you are? What are you afraid of?

People talk. I talk about what's going on in my life, I have the right and sometimes, if I don't talk about what's going on, I feel like I could go insane. If I went on a date with a woman I adored I'd be bursting.

It is an odd request to post though....perhaps the gossip issue should be brought up on a date, as that's person one would want the confidentiality from.

I, for one, wouldn't deny some one the right to talk about what's going on with them. If I were scared of people finding out, I feel I would not be ready to date in this manner.

As for me, my family's known I'm lesbian since I was a child - and I didn't have to tell anyone... can't help who you are. Woman are beautiful to me and I guess it's obvious. LoL
"If laughter's youth, let's give years."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users