California folks

nikki63

• Members
  • 9 posts
californias the best state of the union

77lagata

• Members
  • 83 posts
I miss California. I hated having to move from there; I am looking forward to getting back out that way sometime soon :)

nikki63

• Members
  • 9 posts
why did you leave?

77lagata

• Members
  • 83 posts
I moved in March to Georgia, to help raise my Goddaughter. My best friend is in the Army, so this is where we are. She was married, and had help, but he threatened her life so she left him. That's when she asked me if I could come out here to basically be her live-in nanny.

Georgia's climate is awful - well, for me it is anyway. I prefer California's dryer air, and the atmosphere is much more to my liking. I lived in Central and Southern California, have you been to either places?

nikki63

• Members
  • 9 posts
Yes actually I was born in Pasadena and grew up in LA county so I know the area somewhat :) I moved to washington here recently though for some friends, school kinda...but mostly friends. And I am sorry to hear about your friend. Is she doing ok? How is the baby?

77lagata

• Members
  • 83 posts
I lived close to Pasadena, in Rancho Cucamonga :)

When I first moved to California, I was in Visalia. Work was hard to find, so I moved south to Rancho, where I found a decent job.

They are fine, they got away before anything really bad happened. The baby is 13 years old, and going through the typical moodiness associated with having to obey rules. I'm just glad to be around her, and that they are safe.

So you're going to UW? I would love to live in Seattle, I've always enjoyed myself when I've visited there.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users