California

17 replies to this topic

nikki63

• Members
  • 9 posts
well define "going to UW." Yes, Seattle is incredibly beautiful, I absolutely love the rain which is odd considering everyone around me thinks it makes them moodier and contemplate suicide, but hey, that's just me, I am a happy person :)

77lagata

• Members
  • 83 posts
Okay, are you an enrolled student of the University of Washington? LOL, or was that your answer to my question? :lol:

It is said that people living next to large bodies of water tend to have higher suicide rates as well. New Orleans has been known in the past for this; the stories of people who swear that standing and looking out on the river brings about inexplicable contemplations of suicide. I couldn't validate any of the supposed accounts, but it does pose an interesting question.

nikki63

• Members
  • 9 posts
That's true, I can offer an anecdote of a time when I was doing much the same thing on a bridge in Tacoma, it was exactly the same thing, this inexplicable slew of thoughts jumping over. Needless to say I had to force myself to move on.

77lagata

• Members
  • 83 posts
I find that fascinating, in the way that disturbing things can be fascinating. I wonder what it is psychologically that compels us to collectively experience things like that.

I love the serenity I feel when near the ocean. I have never contemplated drowning when near the ocean. :)

I didn't get the chance to see all of the Pacific I wanted to in California. I wanted to go up to San Fransisco, and to Monterrey, but never had the chance. I love the Ventura and Oxnard area though, and Santa Monica/Venice.

crestcat

• One Post Members
  • 56 posts
Hi ladies,

Live in Jacumba, CA...you get points if you actually know where that is without asking or googling.

Back to suicide: I lived in SF for 27 years, almost every section. Lived by the ocean for a while but the fog was a mood killer. Love the sun! Energizes me!
Imagine this: wait for the fog to lift, get everything out on the deck for a little sun bathing, lay down and 20 minutes later the fog is back! with a vengeance.
"Mood Killer" - Moved to the sun belt after that....much better for me.

San Diego is the same if your near the city...too much fog. Moved east.

Have a nice = sunny day! :D

77lagata

• Members
  • 83 posts
Isn't that right close to the Mexican border, east of San Diego? I'm not the best with geography so I could be totally wrong here. The furthest south i went in California was to Huntington Beach.

I love the sun too. I have vitiligo though, so I have to limit my exposure. The plus side to that is that I stay pale enough that most people don't notice that I have it right off.

crestcat

• One Post Members
  • 56 posts
Your right, Jacumba is on the Mexican border east of SD. Give yourself a gold star. LOL.

Happy Holidays! Ladies.

Atlantis

• Posting Members (3 or more)
  • 40 posts
I am up to talking. Californians rule! :) :thumbsup:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users