So completely confused about anything flirting related

11 replies to this topic

Poll: What would be your ideal way to me someone? (23 member(s) have cast votes)

What would be your ideal way to me someone?

1. They start the flirting with you (13 votes [56.52%])

Percentage of vote: 56.52%

2. You start the flirting with them (2 votes [8.70%])

Percentage of vote: 8.70%

3. They leave you guessing they're orientation (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. They are immediately guessing your orientation (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. Just a perchance meet and things just evolved with no real effort (8 votes [34.78%])

Percentage of vote: 34.78%

Vote Guests cannot vote

safienwijon

• Members
  • 1 posts
I have had multiple times where I meet a woman and I am just soooo sure that she is flirting with me.... but I can never seem to get b eyond that point. I was doing a "group activity" ( not really going to go into detail about it) and on one of the many breaks a girl who I'd noticed fromt he start and I was and still am 90% sure is gay started a conversation with me. She asked me if I was new to the situation and kinda smiled at me. I either completely misread what her orientation was or completely missed on how to get my orientation noticed without drawing a rainbow on the ground with sidewalk chalk and pointing at it with huge smile. I have a suspicion that I think I'm being flirtatios and I'm doing just the opposite. I've met a lot of people who said that upon meeting me they thought I was a huge "B***H" and it wasn't until they got to know me that they realized I wasn't. My question is what contitutes at flirting in the lesbian nworld? What can I do to know before I make an ass out of mysself to know if the woman I'm and talking to and thinking about showing interest in is even smiling at me and not the guy behind me. :roll: Kinda lost here

Emisthe

• One Post Members
  • 1 posts
Yep, know what this feels like. :) My gaydar is sooo not working :/

Jay T.

• Posting Members (3 or more)
  • 25 posts
I am a flirt by nature, ... lets play a game... flirt with me!

Just pretend we have just met, what would you say?

Res

• One Post Members
  • 2 posts
I have this same problem. I have some idea when a woman is flirting with me, but I get unsure and ultimately do nothing about it. If she's straight I'd feel bad freaking her out if I was obviously hitting on her..

Jay T.

• 25 posts
I hit on more straight woman that gay ones... never had one get realy offended. Always start with a smile and eye contact.

LeeannaMoore

• 6 posts
I have the same problem. I suck at gussing orentations and am scared to approach wemon becouse I never know if they are straight or not. I always wear my raindow heart pride necklace and I only really got noticed due to it once and it was just harassment >.< . I've been out of the game five plus years and cant flirt worth a crap nor can I tell when somone is fliriting with me or cheaking me out so I probibly appear to be a prude or snob by accedent a lot of times. I'm going to keep an eye on this topic hopefully we can learn somthing :D

BISQUIT

• 13 posts
HUMMMM...well I am always clueless as to who is flirting or not...and since I am the hug u all welcoming type..I am sure people get confused as to if I am flirting or not.....I am the one who sees you from across the room, smiles and then gets all shy and looks away......I am truly the dork.....as far as orientation....I am older and can pretty much tell gay from str8....cept the lipsticks.....but I am in to butch/soft butch....and so making a new friend...str8 or gay is always on my radar.....all I know is be yourself....take the chance...you have nothing to lose and if anything a possible friendship....a simple smile makes the heart race.....honesty is rare...and I love the sweetness of the shy honest flirt...you know its happening but its so innocent...you question it.....and I have also found...most str8 women take it as a huge compliment when approached by a lesbian.....jump in and flirt your own way and style.....there are no rules or regulations...why?? Its a natural human response to flirt......even science agree with that.....
Peace and Love, BISQUIT

Jay T.

• 25 posts
I am really good at flirting, who wants to play???

(smiles) ... (head tilted to side--waiting)

would you dance with me?

Edited by Jay T., 07 May 2013 - 12:31 AM.

jroqk

• 6 posts
Im completely oblivious, I don't know im being flirted with.. Its sad really
Jessica L Bradwell

Muffy

• 7 posts
Unless the person flirting with me is totally obvious, I am clueless and sometimes even then I don't realize it. I just think wow they are really friendly! Typically my friends notice before I do. Also, I am terrible at making the first move... and I look straight, so there's that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users