Anyone from San Diego Area...

19 replies to this topic

crestcat

• One Post Members
  • 56 posts
Need help desperately seeking friends...

crestcat

• One Post Members
  • 56 posts
Really need to talk to someone if any one is out there! Please!

Sorry........................................................................................

Oh well - maybe tomorrow - maybe

77lagata

• Members
  • 83 posts
I am on the other side of the country, but if you need to talk I am willing. :)

crestcat

• One Post Members
  • 56 posts
77lagata - thanks. not sure though unless we're both on line at same time... :D

crestcat

• One Post Members
  • 56 posts
I've been reading some of the posts...my guess is it is easier to communicate with people from afar. I am feeling very uneducated after reading some of the posts, very articulate women in here.

Not sure why its so hard to meet people in the real world. Have we all just been taken over by the cyber world? There's good and bad in this.

Good...

You get to communicate and build relationships with people from around the world. However distant.

I feel safer doing that in this site then some of the other dating forums out there. And I've been trying a few. This is the only site that is strictly for women....very nice. Thank you.

Bad...

It does however lack the human side of being eye to eye with someone when you talk. And after all it is human nature to want to touch, feel, to see and even smell those around us. To observe their behavior and responses.

Where are we going with this cyber thing?

crestcat

• One Post Members
  • 56 posts
Women in San Diego are well hidden...even on this site. No recent posts. Only a few new members. Ah well still searching. LOL.

77lagata

• Members
  • 83 posts
I believe it is like that all over though. I have yet to see consistent and extended dialogue on here between anyone.

crestcat

• One Post Members
  • 56 posts
You would think that this would be a good place to start. Anonymous as it were, too a point anyway...

Buttercup

• Members
  • 22 posts
Speaking for myself, it takes a lot of time to get on and follow threads. I am a Ph.D. student and currently in what I like to call "full dissertation avoidance mode" so I have to be careful I don't lose too many hours.

I have had more luck talking a little on these threads than in the personals, however. When I joined I sent out about 4 (I know, not very many) emails and got 0 replies. *sigh* maybe it's for the best right now...

77lagata

• Members
  • 83 posts
It does sound as though having a romantic interest in your life might prove distracting. Either that, or the other person might feel neglected and move on to someone else. I am just in my first year of college so my time is a bit more free but I am easily distracted by love and lust. In order to stay focused I keep myself isolated, so maintaining online correspondence works best for me right now. I am from all over so my closest friends are scattered, and catching them online lets me stay in touch with them.

I had zero responses in the personals too, but I'm not mad. I actually found someone in the forum, and I have had several decent conversations with other people as well.

I am not the best at checking in here for updates but I do have it set where it alerts me via email when there is a response on a thread I have posted something on so I will at least come in here then.

By the way, Merry Christmas or Happy Hanukkah or Happy Kwanzaa or Happy Yule! I know, Yule was the other day but still. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users